Estes | Who will Be the new owner of Estes Express in 2007

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
I heard estes and O.D. might hook up together. Now I'm hearing Estes is for sale and is being pushed aggresively in that direction. Any takers?

Interesting scenario. I never gave it much thought but with all the consolidation happening it would not surprise me at all.

estes isn't for sale, move on to the next bs rumor :hysterical:
And on what basis can u be sure of that? No rumour is bs until proven wrong. Rumours always fly of a sale, but Estes won't tell you if they will anyway, it's called "insider trading" to let you know before a sale. Anyway, welcome to the thread, hope we can get more info out here.

thats right never say never everything is for sale for the right price,believe me i worked for a company the owner always stated he would never sell,well ive been working for the company he sold it to since 2000 but good luck .

I just get sick if all the rumors that go on in this business, drivers are worse then high school girls sometimes. I hear rumors everyday at work and I just get sick of it sometimes....anyone esles feel the same way, or is it just me???

i hear ya brother, 2 years ago it was UPS(which by the way Rob Estes himself sent out a letter to disprove this as the rumor had spiraled out of control), a few months ago we were buying OD now the new one is DHL is buying us. And so the rumors go on.......

i dont like rumors either but if things are this slow and not looking good in the near future then if a good offer was made, it would be stupid not to sell.

the man has been in this business all his life he has some age on him it is just like HARWOOD COCRAN-SHERIDAN GARRISON the price was right so they sold to get away from all the headache and enjoy what time they had. just like the guy who owned WATKINS just 2 or 3 months ago he swore to his employee"s that he would never sell WATKINS 2 weeks later it was FEDEX NATIONAL.............

the man has been in this business all his life he has some age on him it is just like HARWOOD COCRAN-SHERIDAN GARRISON the price was right so they sold to get away from all the headache and enjoy what time they had. just like the guy who owned WATKINS just 2 or 3 months ago he swore to his employee"s that he would never sell WATKINS 2 weeks later it was FEDEX NATIONAL.............
I thought the old man died and the boys want out.......gosh you hear everthing...say it aint so....Fact is we came in one monday a few years ago to new owners...DIDN'T HAVE A QLUE THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN....you just never know......TRUCK SAFE

Now mister Estes has come up with his version of the Watkins denial of an impending sell of his empire to the highest bidder. Via a memo to his soon to be X employees. Disclaiming the DHL rumor. Patience, my fellow pawns, in our little disfunctional chess game. We all know how deep our current owners pockets are. But if you shake the change in those pockets, it would sound like bb's in a box car compared to the soon to be owners of Richmond! But for now DENY, DENY, DENY, untill the deal is complete. Don't worry we know the drill. Just remain calm. Don't panick. Do your job like always. Don't spread rumors. Never mention it around customers. And when we pass by you at the terminal we will just wink and nod.

Recieved This Today

"To all Estes employees,

The economy slowed in the fourth quarter of 2006, and the usual peak season for the trucking industry did not take place. Across the nation, trucking companies experienced significant decreases in volume. Economists are still scrambling to come up with a logical explanation.

I know that all of you haver felt the effects of the slowdown, and many terminals have had to cut back on hours. This affected lifestyles and created a great deal of uncertainty.

In times like this, rumors tend to run rampant. Specifically, I've had heard that some think DHL is trying to buy Estes Express Lines. I want to personally put all those rumors to rest right now. I can't emphasize enough that we have absolutely no intention of selling Estes Express Lines and that we have no contract with DHL whatsoever.

It's easy for teamwork to suffer at times like this, and it has been very gratifying to see how many of us really worked to support one another rather than to allow nervous tension to pull us apart. I am proud to say that Estes team is much stronger than one quarter of slow business. We've dealt with market slowdowns before, and we already on our way to overcoming this one.

We continue to work on many initiatives to make improvements and to strengthen our position at Estes. I personally would like to thank each of you for your help in these efforts every day.

Rob Estes
President and CEO
Estes Express LInes"

dated Jan 19, 2007 printed on company letterhead with Robs signature
Just thought i pass this along, do with it what you like:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2 .