Estes | Who will Be the new owner of Estes Express in 2007

No such thing happening...I assure you Estes is not for sale...why would they sale..they are making great money, and they have a good platform in the country..would you sale a goose that lays golden eggs...I don't think so unless he quit laying...duh....

Thats what they told us at Watkins!!!!!!

i was hoping ups, but it seems they are poised to get abf if they get out of the multi-pension deal.

dhl would only be left with estes odl or some combination of other companies

The ABF buyout was nothing but a rumor, the article that presented this theory used a hyperthetical too show that UPS will also have to make another buyout for the simple fact that although O being a big company, is not as big in coverage and size like the competition ( fedex,YRC). In the LTL market.

Because of this hyperthetical, people automatically assumed UPS was buying ABF. UPS may not buy anyone and expand on what they have. Time will tell.

The ABF buyout was nothing but a rumor, the article that presented this theory used a hyperthetical too show that UPS will also have to make another buyout for the simple fact that although O being a big company, is not as big in coverage and size like the competition ( fedex,YRC). In the LTL market.

Because of this hyperthetical, people automatically assumed UPS was buying ABF. UPS may not buy anyone and expand on what they have. Time will tell.

thanks for telling me that all truck drivers know are rumors....i didnt know that

thanks for telling me that all truck drivers know are rumors....i didnt know that

Well I am sorry for offending you sir, but it seemed appearent you believed the rumor as well, with the statement you made prior to your last. " Poised to get ABF".

If I have offeneded you I am sorry , just trying to clear the air a bit....

dont worry about it, you didnt offend me driver lol

as for that i dont believe anything till i see it. but i still like to speculate, and its fun to say i was right :toxic:

Not going to happen...would not be no need for either company...both are max out with freight, both have terminals in each city and state...both serve same customers...both are making big money...no reason...it is just a rumor...nobody shares nor sells a golden egg..

well its good that in this country you can still express your opinion, although it wouldnt surprise me if that would be next thing to go...

Not going to happen...would not be no need for either company...both are max out with freight, both have terminals in each city and state...both serve same customers...both are making big money...no reason...it is just a rumor...nobody shares nor sells a golden egg..

My, doesn't he live in a dream world:biglaugh: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :hysterical:

you could say the same ( WAS! ) true with
Yellow
Roadway
USFHolland

and now they are One!:chairshot:

In the case of A F the golden egg is in the pocket of the kids and ex-wife of the passed on ex-owner......

Yes I agree , my main point is , the three I mentioned produced golden eggs,
exceptionally big ones when sold, so in essence, the statement shifter made held no water.

think about it!

think about it, why does anyone buy anything?
like - old cars, stocks, bonds, land, insurance, old coins, stamps, antiques (spelling), etc.

here you go!

when the value is so much greater than the purchace price, it becomes very temping to sell
and create a golden egg for retirement years and the future of ones family.

af - sold
viking - sold
watkins - sold
many company's OD has bought in last 3-4 years - again sold
swift - sold
central - sold

point is OD is on a big growth spurt buy up the competitors. maxed out on freight? this only means buy them and grow really fast!!!!!!!