Central Transport | Who Would Work For This Company?

tailgunner

TB Lurker
Credits
who would work for this company bunch of jerks wouldn't hire a union member forced to work nights day drivers makes more with no differancal pay the Brooklyn tm is a real jerk

common sense. The only thing YRC has to offer over CT is benefits. Hell a YRC driver would feel like he hit the jackpot when he got his first check plus he would be driving equipment from this decade.
Bet his take home is as good as or better than yours when working 50 or more hours. Yrc equip is crap. You right there

If YRC's equipment is such crap, why am I seeing more brand new tractors and trailers in their fleet every week? Wasn't so long ago that CT's equipment was even older than YRC's and a heck of a lot more beat up. Most CT trailers that I see still look like they've been through a war zone.

No self respecting Teamster would want to work here over YRC. No union, no contract and no benefits, the three reasons most of the people who work there are still there. If it was about money, there's plenty of other places with better equipment, better benefits AND better pay than CT. Several seem interested in FedEx if they have to move on next year because FedEx pays OT.

Only reason a Teamster would be seeking a job here is if they got fired from YRC.

If YRC's equipment is such crap, why am I seeing more brand new tractors and trailers in their fleet every week? Wasn't so long ago that CT's equipment was even older than YRC's and a heck of a lot more beat up. Most CT trailers that I see still look like they've been through a war zone.

No self respecting Teamster would want to work here over YRC. No union, no contract and no benefits, the three reasons most of the people who work there are still there. If it was about money, there's plenty of other places with better equipment, better benefits AND better pay than CT. Several seem interested in FedEx if they have to move on next year because FedEx pays OT.

Only reason a Teamster would be seeking a job here is if they got fired from YRC.
Not seeing any new equip for yrc in the south

Other then benefits what have the teamsters done for you. Pensions are depleting each year and a 15% give back is rediculas. My father retired 3 years ago and is lucky if he receives half what a fully vested member should receive. Benefits are all they got left and its just a matter of before that changes. Unions were defently needed at a certain time in history and have driven the wages to what they are today but to many large companies have either went out of business or pulled out of the pension plan. It does not make sense anymore unless you have 20+ years vested and are getting close to retirement. Just go to a union meeting at your local hall and you will see. What used to be standing room only, now barely has a few members attending. Very sad

Not seeing any new equip for yrc in the south
I drive from Toronto to Memphis and back a couple of times a week. I'm seeing more brand new white Volvos running for YRC than I am old Roadway or Yellow tractors. And a lot of new pups with fairings with only the occasional old Roadway pup.

And believe me, the brand new Volvos stick out at night because of their headlights.

Other then benefits what have the teamsters done for you. Pensions are depleting each year and a 15% give back is rediculas. My father retired 3 years ago and is lucky if he receives half what a fully vested member should receive. Benefits are all they got left and its just a matter of before that changes. Unions were defently needed at a certain time in history and have driven the wages to what they are today but to many large companies have either went out of business or pulled out of the pension plan. It does not make sense anymore unless you have 20+ years vested and are getting close to retirement. Just go to a union meeting at your local hall and you will see. What used to be standing room only, now barely has a few members attending. Very sad
I spent close to 20 years in the union and the only thing I witnessed the union protect was the dead beats who did not want to do there job. Oh yeah and organize parties with dues paying member money. Meanwhile the strike funds are depleted. SMH

I'm not a Teamster. I'm an owner/operator represented by the USW. That being said, I have a bunch of guys I count among my friends who are Teamsters at YRC and I know why they stay there.

I drive from Toronto to Memphis and back a couple of times a week. I'm seeing more brand new white Volvos running for YRC than I am old Roadway or Yellow tractors. And a lot of new pups with fairings with only the occasional old Roadway pup.

And believe me, the brand new Volvos stick out at night because of their headlights.

Pretty trucks on the outside but their drivers are trashing the inside because they are upset with the company. Walked passed one at the truck stop and it looked like he was living in a dump

common sense. The only thing YRC has to offer over CT is benefits. Hell a YRC driver would feel like he hit the jackpot when he got his first check plus he would be driving equipment from this decade.
well if I had to choose between CT or YRC I would choose YRC. CT is a crappy company. First you load all your trailers. Second there pay. Is crap. Do have direct deposit yet. The good paying LTL companies are Saia,Estes, Old Dominion. And yes I do see YRC driving new trucks all the time. They have New Volvo.

Got to love there 401 contribution.1% on your yearly contribution central pays.And if you make over 66000.00 you get nothing.What company does that.I never heard of any.But matty appreciates all your hours and hard work.