Central Transport | Who Would Work For This Company?

Other then benefits what have the teamsters done for you. Pensions are depleting each year and a 15% give back is rediculas. My father retired 3 years ago and is lucky if he receives half what a fully vested member should receive. Benefits are all they got left and its just a matter of before that changes. Unions were defently needed at a certain time in history and have driven the wages to what they are today but to many large companies have either went out of business or pulled out of the pension plan. It does not make sense anymore unless you have 20+ years vested and are getting close to retirement. Just go to a union meeting at your local hall and you will see. What used to be standing room only, now barely has a few members attending. Very sad
Now you’re lying

I spent close to 20 years in the union and the only thing I witnessed the union protect was the dead beats who did not want to do there job. Oh yeah and organize parties with dues paying member money. Meanwhile the strike funds are depleted. SMH
You can always tell who is full of ::shit::, if you worked a union job for 20 years you are either lying or unhireable anywhere else

I'm not holding this place up to be anything special but the few friends I know that work there on linehaul like it. Yes they've worked in union shops before as well. Their reasons vary for staying there and yes they can get hired just about anywhere. The one thing they all say is they always have work.

The best real to work at CT as a line haul driver/ dockworker that no real got on your case about anything. You ripped a trailer door off? No problem. You put holes in the trailer roof no problem just get it out of here before it rains lol. If you had great HU# you was gold there

absolute worst LTL carrier in the marketplace, shippers use them only because they charge 30-50% less on rates. Ownership is corrupt, classless, they treat employees like garbage. I feel badly for anyone stuck working for them.
The only company that I know that doesn’t offer direct deposit. They are going to shut down and not pay anyone lol

I was talking with a YRC driver the other day and his old Volvo had over 3 million miles on it and it looked like it had 5 lol...he was asking me about jobs at FedEx.

so...……….. what does his old volvo have to do with it? maybe he wants a little more money in his check,maybe he doesn't want to be laid off every couple of months or maybe he likes his old beat up volvo could be he doesn't have to slip seat with any one, its just that yrc doesn't care about the condition of his tractor etc.

so...……….. what does his old volvo have to do with it? maybe he wants a little more money in his check,maybe he doesn't want to be laid off every couple of months or maybe he likes his old beat up volvo could be he doesn't have to slip seat with any one, its just that yrc doesn't care about the condition of his tractor etc.
Because people were taking about old equipment in this thread.
He wants more money in his check and steady work so he was asking about Fedex. He didn’t like his old Volvo.
His hours were erratic with Yrc...anything else I have to explain for you?

Sorry, but with FXF you at least get your 40 every week of the year. Overtime after 8 and after 40. Haven't found an LTL yet that can match that.

20 years should get him a pension. He’s full of :::shit:::.
Apparently you don't follow the master freight pension. That comment makes no sense. Of course you are vested in part of a pension. The issue is less and less members are contributing to the plan so what is expected is not funded. Memvers are only receiving a portion of what it should be. Unfortunately it will only get worse.

You can always tell who is full of :::shit:::, if you worked a union job for 20 years you are either lying or unhireable anywhere else
What is it that you believe I'm lying about? You guys have no idea what you are talking about. What you remember about Central is the complete opposite of what it is now. Like it or not

What is it that you believe I'm lying about? You guys have no idea what you are talking about. What you remember about Central is the complete opposite of what it is now. Like it or not
Equip maintenance is what would keep me away from CT.
Despite new Peterbilt 579s, seems I would have issues with DOT violations.

Does CT mostly move partial truckloads (many pallets) or is there many 1-2 handling unit pros?

Equip maintenance is what would keep me away from CT.
Despite new Peterbilt 579s, seems I would have issues with DOT violations.

Does CT mostly move partial truckloads (many pallets) or is there many 1-2 handling unit pros?
Everything from 1 pallet to 20 foot per bill shipments. Maintenance has improved significantly since Matthew took company over. Very rarely do I here of a DOT violation that was not caused by the driver

Everything from 1 pallet to 20 foot per bill shipments. Maintenance has improved significantly since Matthew took company over. Very rarely do I here of a DOT violation that was not caused by the driver
FYI, if no other carrier will look at you due to dui or other serious issues then come to Central. They don’t care about your past; only the present

You sir could not be more wrong! We turn down 9 out of 10 drivers that apply. Those same driver go straight over to Dayton, Estes, Sajia or Fex Ex and get hired right on. Central is very,very picky. Especially with a DUI.
FYI, if no other carrier will look at you due to dui or other serious issues then come to Central. They don’t care about your past; only the present