Central Transport | Who Would Work For This Company?

If YRC's equipment is such crap, why am I seeing more brand new tractors and trailers in their fleet every week? Wasn't so long ago that CT's equipment was even older than YRC's and a heck of a lot more beat up. Most CT trailers that I see still look like they've been through a war zone.

No self respecting Teamster would want to work here over YRC. No union, no contract and no benefits, the three reasons most of the people who work there are still there. If it was about money, there's plenty of other places with better equipment, better benefits AND better pay than CT. Several seem interested in FedEx if they have to move on next year because FedEx pays OT.

Only reason a Teamster would be seeking a job here is if they got fired from YRC.
CT parked next to me 1/4/19. Yeah, great equipment.

IHLUFQF.jpg

jl1epP7.jpg

0iCr60D.jpg

KJkB3n8.jpg

HxBYZUz.jpg

IHLUFQF.jpg

jl1epP7.jpg

0iCr60D.jpg

KJkB3n8.jpg

HxBYZUz.jpg

IHLUFQF.jpg

jl1epP7.jpg

0iCr60D.jpg

KJkB3n8.jpg

HxBYZUz.jpg

I challenge you to show me 1 driver that was hired by CT with a DUI that wasn't a min of 5 years old.
know 1 guy who got popped on random, he was let go 16 months ago and hired by CT in Cleveland. prior to that another driver did same thing 4.5 years ago, he was employed by CT within 10 days of failing his random. Both still running for CT in Cleveland area, both are nice guys and I see them once a month or so on the street. Can't attest to DUI, but if CT hires two men who failed random, hiring a recent DUI would not be surprising. Not bashing CT, but actions do speak louder than words.

know 1 guy who got popped on random, he was let go 16 months ago and hired by CT in Cleveland. prior to that another driver did same thing 4.5 years ago, he was employed by CT within 10 days of failing his random. Both still running for CT in Cleveland area, both are nice guys and I see them once a month or so on the street. Can't attest to DUI, but if CT hires two men who failed random, hiring a recent DUI would not be surprising. Not bashing CT, but actions do speak louder than words.
Forgot to mention 1 st guy failed random on a Tuesday, was employed by CT following Monday. Nether was a tweaker or raging dope fiend, but both smoked a few joints over weekend and both random she were early in the week. One was a recreational user, other had crone's disease and claimed it helped him. Not condoning there actions, we all know the deal, I would be surprised if either had quit using though.

These randoms started in 1994-95 before this the workforce complained less because you could let out a little steam on the weekend now were monitored 24-7 and feel aggravated at employers

These randoms started in 1994-95 before this the workforce complained less because you could let out a little steam on the weekend now were monitored 24-7 and feel aggravated at employers
I don't condone or condemn the two gentlemen I cited. I think you have a point, I don't think either were a safety issue. I just related the story as CT seems to regularly ignore the regs the rest of us are compelled to follow. The seem to be an unfriendly bunch, I wave at them just as I do every other LTL hand and never get a return wave, maybe just crabby

I don't condone or condemn the two gentlemen I cited. I think you have a point, I don't think either were a safety issue. I just related the story as CT seems to regularly ignore the regs the rest of us are compelled to follow. The seem to be an unfriendly bunch, I wave at them just as I do every other LTL hand and never get a return wave, maybe just crabby
Probably too scared to let go of the steering wheel.

common sense. The only thing YRC has to offer over CT is benefits. Hell a YRC driver would feel like he hit the jackpot when he got his first check plus he would be driving equipment from this decade.
Yes, Union companies are struggling (NOW)!!! However, you need to remember, for 50 years there were 2 kinds of truck drivers, Union Drivers and those wanting to be Union Drivers. Union Drivers had " THE HIGHEST WAGES", "THE BEST BENEFITS", "THE ONLY JOB SECURITY". Also. Non-Union companies today are making high wages because of the demands of Union Companies made 70 years ago. I was a Non-Union guy for 15 years and we got raises every time the Union Companies got one (just to stay competitive). Both sides have struggled and both sides have benefitted, "JUST BE THANKFUL", rather than belittling.

Yes, Union companies are struggling (NOW)!!! However, you need to remember, for 50 years there were 2 kinds of truck drivers, Union Drivers and those wanting to be Union Drivers. Union Drivers had " THE HIGHEST WAGES", "THE BEST BENEFITS", "THE ONLY JOB SECURITY". Also. Non-Union companies today are making high wages because of the demands of Union Companies made 70 years ago. I was a Non-Union guy for 15 years and we got raises every time the Union Companies got one (just to stay competitive). Both sides have struggled and both sides have benefitted, "JUST BE THANKFUL", rather than belittling.
We cannot live in the past. I believe that the reason non union companies pay better is they understand the market. Unions companies pay based on a contract. Non Unions pay based upon what the market will bear. In good times like this the market is demanding, thus driver pay will continue to adjust.
Union companies are forced to pay what was agreed to years ago. Despite not being pay competitive... once again being out smarted by their non union competitors....

We cannot live in the past. I believe that the reason non union companies pay better is they understand the market. Unions companies pay based on a contract. Non Unions pay based upon what the market will bear. In good times like this the market is demanding, thus driver pay will continue to adjust.
Union companies are forced to pay what was agreed to years ago. Despite not being pay competitive... once again being out smarted by their non union competitors....
I disagree. If the market was the sole determinant in compensation then wouldn’t wages go lower? Look at other low skill jobs. Food service, retail, non union manufacturing (where there isn’t a union competitor nearby). Low wage jobs that won’t grow in compensation because there is no pressure to. Ask Walmart how hard it is to hire and retain a good worker at their low wages. I’m just saying that market forces only is not enough to create wage growth.
Customers want delivery as cheap as possible, carriers want to pay as little as possible; we are easily replaced in ltl. UPSF and FEDEX are THE reasons other ltls pay is good. Ups ( because of union) fx ( because they want to keep union out)

If YRC's equipment is such crap, why am I seeing more brand new tractors and trailers in their fleet every week? Wasn't so long ago that CT's equipment was even older than YRC's and a heck of a lot more beat up. Most CT trailers that I see still look like they've been through a war zone.

No self respecting Teamster would want to work here over YRC. No union, no contract and no benefits, the three reasons most of the people who work there are still there. If it was about money, there's plenty of other places with better equipment, better benefits AND better pay than CT. Several seem interested in FedEx if they have to move on next year because FedEx pays OT.

Only reason a Teamster would be seeking a job here is if they got fired from YRC.

The best real to work at CT as a line haul driver/ dockworker that no real got on your case about anything. You ripped a trailer door off? No problem. You put holes in the trailer roof no problem just get it out of here before it rains lol. If you had great HU# you was gold there
Sounds like estes

well if I had to choose between CT or YRC I would choose YRC. CT is a crappy company. First you load all your trailers. Second there pay. Is crap. Do have direct deposit yet. The good paying LTL companies are Saia,Estes, Old Dominion. And yes I do see YRC driving new trucks all the time. They have New Volvo.
Have you bumped your head? YRC is one of the lowest payer LTL companies in the industry. Central is least 5 dollars per hour more than YRC and at or better than the others. You obviously have not kept up to date with Central. If your worried about loading a truck in LTL then I beg you to stay away, we dont want any steering wheel holders

Typical central. Excuses from the company would be were not ordering tires.
I remember when I had a sterling with a cracked head. They told me fill the radiator with windshield washer because they weren't ordering any more antifreeze.
What a place. Glad I got out of there as fast as I can.
Sterling? Lol now I know you have no clue. Jesus it's been 10 years since we had Sterlings. Still dredging up ancient ::shit:: from a very different time. Hell I remember driving units with Preston and YRC without power steering
Maybe we will complain about that next.:usa: