Yellow | why ABF will fair better

bigtruk_us

TB Legend
Credits
Because with all the negative talk swirling around.ABF has a strong brand and name.more recognizeable than YRC in the ltl market..just a thought.

[quote author=bigtruk_us link=topic=79887.msg827444#msg827444 date=1273113353]
Because with all the negative talk swirling around.ABF has a strong brand and name.more recognizable than YRC in the ltl market..just a thought.
[/quote] I wouldn't say a stronger brand because the customers know who we are. They will fair better because they have learned from YRC how to pull this off and screw there employees too. But i feel the ABF Teamsters aren't giving in as fast as we did. And i said We NOT COUNTING ME.

[quote author=1953ford link=topic=79887.msg827493#msg827493 date=1273140256]
I think ABF is a much higher class LTL carrier then YRC. Professional drivers and very clean equipment.
[/quote]Wow. :stir: :chairshot:

I think ABF is a much higher class LTL carrier then YRC. Professional drivers and very clean equipment.
[/quote] Are we in third grade? Did you get your father's permission to play with his computer?

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79887.msg827598#msg827598 date=1273163659]
[/quote] Are we in third grade? Did you get your father's permission to play with his computer?
[/quote]

that's funny as heck, right there, noodle.

if ABF is elite
John-Kerry-Washington-Elitist--24425.jpg

then they should vote all concessions down​

elite like John Kerry

[quote author=truckerboy link=topic=79887.msg827751#msg827751 date=1273199891]
We will vote it down,you just watch. :thumbsup:
[/quote]Then you will vote again and again and again till you give Tyson and Jimmy what THEY want!! :thumbsup:

Being employed by yrc.I know that there is inequities in yrc pricing strategy compared to ABF.I have heard from some ABF drivers that mgmt at ABF seems to be shooting themselves in the foot to make the company look like that its losing money.why start with the labor when it comes to paycuts.start at the top first.the working man is tired of being lied to and money stolen from him or her.is it really a crisis?with 7000 employees its hard to imagine that there would be much of a cost savings there to help in a recovery.yeah,the financial books may be open for viewing.accounting has had time to move figures around.God Bless the ABF employees for whatever decision is rendered.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79887.msg827771#msg827771 date=1273227823]
Because, the top executives don't have job security. It is all about financial security.
[/quote]
If only our new hires had half as much job security as $bill.

Why should management take a pay cut?Tyson is so willing and eagger to help any company take from the members,he figures all he has to do is give his "vote yes or they'll close the doors" speech and he'll scare everyone into doing his will.Don't read the M O U,don't ask why the top bosses raised their compensation ceiling before they came after the members money,dont't ask why they are planning to open their own nonunion co after the vote,as they are putting all the pieces into place,Hell even Hoffa is distancing himself from this one.remember how he "was trying to save jobs"when he talked about yrc?Don't hear from jimmy about that now.This is just a grab by co officals to line their own troughs and sooner than latter get rid of teamsters and their "living wage". Bullfroggers VOTE NO!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

[quote author=truckerboy link=topic=79887.msg827751#msg827751 date=1273199891]
We will vote it down,you just watch. :thumbsup:
[/quote]Good luck which ever way the vote goes. But, don't make large wagers based on the :bs: that you get from the tough talk in the break room.

AdBlock Detected