XPO | Why Are We Sooo Slow

Tony Brooks is a trucking genius, can't you guys see that?
I know you had major sarcasm when you posted this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that the entire upper management team has been taken over by the pod people, and it’s the aliens that control their thoughts. Yup. Only logical explanation. Can’t run overage on Saturday, without getting vp approval. Asinine. He’s not getting back to anyone to approve or deny, so the trailers sit. No biggie. Wtf???? Make sure you cram 1 1/2 trailers into one to get the load factor, and pull an empty back. Why? Because mty’s don’t count against their “ numbers”. **** me. I had a go with the fac Tm who was working, told him if you can explain why it’s better to cram a trailer, rather than load two trailers since your going back with two anyways, I’ll happily do it. Oh, and don’t mention numbers. He got irritated, but I pressed on. “ ok. It minimizes damages, and makes it easier and faster for our inbound crew to break it out and get it on the street. “ silence. I just shook my head and muttered pod people under my breath.

If this nonsense keeps up, just ****ing sell us already.

I know you had major sarcasm when you posted this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that the entire upper management team has been taken over by the pod people, and it’s the aliens that control their thoughts. Yup. Only logical explanation. Can’t run overage on Saturday, without getting vp approval. Asinine. He’s not getting back to anyone to approve or deny, so the trailers sit. No biggie. Wtf???? Make sure you cram 1 1/2 trailers into one to get the load factor, and pull an empty back. Why? Because mty’s don’t count against their “ numbers”. :censored: me. I had a go with the fac Tm who was working, told him if you can explain why it’s better to cram a trailer, rather than load two trailers since your going back with two anyways, I’ll happily do it. Oh, and don’t mention numbers. He got irritated, but I pressed on. “ ok. It minimizes damages, and makes it easier and faster for our inbound crew to break it out and get it on the street. “ silence. I just shook my head and muttered pod people under my breath.

If this nonsense keeps up, just :censored: sell us already.
You are not alone.

‘Rebalancing equipment?’ Fools folly.

Making rocket science out of tic tac toe. Smh

I know you had major sarcasm when you posted this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that the entire upper management team has been taken over by the pod people, and it’s the aliens that control their thoughts. Yup. Only logical explanation. Can’t run overage on Saturday, without getting vp approval. Asinine. He’s not getting back to anyone to approve or deny, so the trailers sit. No biggie. Wtf???? Make sure you cram 1 1/2 trailers into one to get the load factor, and pull an empty back. Why? Because mty’s don’t count against their “ numbers”. :censored: me. I had a go with the fac Tm who was working, told him if you can explain why it’s better to cram a trailer, rather than load two trailers since your going back with two anyways, I’ll happily do it. Oh, and don’t mention numbers. He got irritated, but I pressed on. “ ok. It minimizes damages, and makes it easier and faster for our inbound crew to break it out and get it on the street. “ silence. I just shook my head and muttered pod people under my breath.

You are just a driver, "Shut up and drive stupid". You are not to be that smart. You don't have that huge student load debt and 4 years of extra schooling.:tr10driving03:

Careful you are on the verge of using common sense we dont do that here at xpo

On inbound it's just as stupid. Numbers. We have dockworkers that break the kites and hunt for floor loads. They work these breakers an avoid breakers with SafeStack bars dropped. Leave the cubed out trailers for the drivers to break.

Too much work getting off of the forklift.

Recouping. Apparently , dockworkers don't have to do this. Just dock it behind a door in a pile. The drivers will fix it.

I've been told by linehaul drivers that they've ran to FAC's where they can't get shrink wrap even if they wanted to recoup a pallet.

Hahahahaha best answer I’ve seen or heard so far

On inbound it's just as stupid. Numbers. We have dockworkers that break the kites and hunt for floor loads. They work these breakers an avoid breakers with SafeStack bars dropped. Leave the cubed out trailers for the drivers to break.

Recouping. Apparently , dockworkers don't have to do this. Just dock it behind a door in a pile. The drivers will fix it.

I've been told by linehaul drivers that they've ran to FAC's where they can't get shrink wrap even if they wanted to recoup a pallet.
Have you tried to use the shrink they have lately? It's the cheapest sh** they could buy. I almost think it's used shrink wrap that got rewound

How about this one. Via list comes out at the FAC around 12-1 am. Driver told you can’t go on via yet because we need you on the dock. Driver tells FOS I’ve got to go soon or I won’t have hours to go. Driver not allowed to go on via and pulls via freight back (at the end of the night) to his own barn for someone else to worry about. I’ve seen it happen more than once. Talk about servicing the customer, not. Just another example of the total loss of common sense around here.

Tony Brooks is a trucking genius, can't you guys see that?

You get the feeling the only reason he came back was to box it up and close it down ? All those ass hats that he hated so much while he was here. He gets to be paid to send them all packing. Dream job, really.

I vote for Highspeeds to be the new President of XPO LTL. It's as simple as that, pick it up, move it, deliver it, repeat. Why do these egg heads have to make it more complicated than it is?

Listen, I ain't that smart. But even I know better than to take that job. Not with this outfit. Hell NO !!!

It must be true. I sure can't argue against it. Truly believe you are onto something.

How about this one. Via list comes out at the FAC around 12-1 am. Driver told you can’t go on via yet because we need you on the dock. Driver tells FOS I’ve got to go soon or I won’t have hours to go. Driver not allowed to go on via and pulls via freight back (at the end of the night) to his own barn for someone else to worry about. I’ve seen it happen more than once. Talk about servicing the customer, not. Just another example of the total loss of common sense around here.
Been there done that. I have left the freight sit at the fac and pulled empties home

Not just to much work. But they are hounded to produce numbers. So they take the easiest work possible to get the numbers and then goof off, run to the car, smoke out in the yard or hit on the office staff.

You get the feeling the only reason he came back was to box it up and close it down ? All those ass hats that he hated so much while he was here. He gets to be paid to send them all packing. Dream job, really.
I sure he sat at home and laughed every day his job was not filled when he left. Then the phone ring and it BJ on the other end. Now that's a dream job. Can we say name your price

Have you tried to use the shrink they have lately? It's the cheapest sh** they could buy. I almost think it's used shrink wrap that got rewound

No ::shit::. It looks like thrift store shrink wrap. How is that even possible ? Second hand shrink wrap ? Come on ? But at this point I would gladly take it over the ball of nothing we have now.

Been there done that. I have left the freight sit at the fac and pulled empties home

Can't. Fix. Stupid.

The writing is on the wall. In big, bold letters. But I’ll ride it out. Maybe we’ll get bought out by a decent company. Or shut down and we can be free to go find other jobs. Either way, XPO is swirling around the drain as we speak

The writing is on the wall. In big, bold letters. But I’ll ride it out. Maybe we’ll get bought out by a decent company. Or shut down and we can be free to go find other jobs. Either way, XPO is swirling around the drain as we speak
I hope not ( I really do hope that tales of XPO's demise are overly exaggerated )

But if there was a thread that focused strictly on all of the stupid , idiotic , dumbass , senseless , backwards , foolish sh!t that the upper management/ownership comes up with , it would break the internet.

In one region XPO spends $20k a month to fix SafeStack in the trailers. But when you ask the person in charge how many trailers are getting fixed for $20k , it's unknown. Who buys something and doesn't know how much they are getting for how much they spend? Gas in your car. Burgers from McDonald's. Tide. Underwear.

Heard a dockworker say that management is watching their hours real close. Making SURE that they don't hit O/T. And if they call off , drivers are forced to fill in for them - but only on outbound not inbound. Soooo it's okay if drivers ( who are paid more ) fill in for dockworkers while on O/T , but it's not okay for P&D drivers come in early on inbound to get butts in seats and freight in trailers? O/T is O/T , who cares when it comes ( if the inbound gets done earlier , drivers leave earlier , peddle earlier , help outbound earlier , linehaul leaves earlier , etc. )...circle of life.

At FAC's I hear that a version of the same thing is occurring: dockworkers are not available for FAC work because the priority is to move them to the inbound. When linehaul drivers get to FAC's it's shorthanded.

So , XPO is shooting itself in the foot by moving dockworkers to start times that it didn't have trouble filling , from the more difficult to fill times? If this is true , bravo XPO upper management , bravo.

It's totally ass-backwards. Inbound dockworkers won't break certain types of trailers past a certain point of the morning because they are stalling to leave difficult trailers ( racked and strapped ) for drivers. If you say something , you are told that dockworker XXX is getting some of the "best numbers" and "you are wrong"

Are there any people in management that aren't yes men? Anyone? Someone whose knees don't hurt? A person that doesn't have a torn rotator cuff from patting the upper management on the back? Spines. Balls. Does anyone have these and common sense to call out some of the sheer stupidity?

Apologies for the rant. This is for entertainment purposes only. ( Why? Because nothing will change for the better with this particular crew in charge )