XPO | Why Are We Sooo Slow

They’re spending so much time worrying about the numbers that they’re forgetting that we need to take care of the customers. It’s like the company is trying to drive the truck forward only watching the mirrors. I understand the need to be profitable, but when you start losing sight of where the profits come from, that’s a problem.

I took one of my tummy. Never heard back if they liked my load.
Oh, you mean like taking pictures of loads three times.

Let see so far I taking pics of the... FOS desk, The FOS, the trash can, forklift, floor, the rain outside, jockey truck, dock light, trailer seals, empty trailers, dunnage, dockworks, and may others. The only pic I take is the close pic. As of this posting nothing has bee said to me. Maybe I need to take a pic of my junk

Close picture, I get it. Why take a picture 1/3 way loaded?
I'm guessing to police the use of SafeStack bars , straps , decks and good loading practices.

Ha , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha....that will NEVER happen. I could barely type that out. Make sure good loading practices are followed...yeah , right. Like someone in charge will do the right thing.

I take pictures often before it’s loaded. As sweet Brown says, “Ain’t got time for dat!” Another DSR I know takes a picture of his middle finger every time. Nothing said.

What's that saying.....
Location, Location, Location.
It all has to do with were you are at.
Not swamped but steady with some days busy as hell were I'm at
I agree. Location. Just like the housing market. Based on my last 25 years in the LTL market LTL always slowed in July. All 3 auto makers shut down for 2 to 3 weeks to change out for the new models or to re-tool. Companies shut down for a week to a month for vacations, or other valid reasons. Some do voluntary layoffs to keep from laying off the entire work force. A month of payroll not being paid can really help a company.

They’re spending so much time worrying about the numbers that they’re forgetting that we need to take care of the customers. It’s like the company is trying to drive the truck forward only watching the mirrors. I understand the need to be profitable, but when you start losing sight of where the profits come from, that’s a problem.

This problem goes back to Con-way. I always said when I worked there that they were an accounting firm that moved freight only when absolutely necessary...

I don’t think anyone is actually looking at those pictures on a regular basis.

It's all they do around here. Sit there and look at the screen. And I have actually witnessed them use the information. Take that freight down to xxx trailer. It has a headload.