Yellow | why buy

spongebob

TB Lurker
Credits
why did yellow buy roadway new penn and holland. was it just to put them out of business and kill the teamster union I for one am verry bitter toward yellow MANAGEMENT.

why did yellow buy roadway new penn and holland. was it just to put them out of business and kill the teamster union I for one am verry bitter toward yellow MANAGEMENT.

I don't think they intentionally trashed the company, but now that they are trying to save what is left it is very convenient. They will continue to slash, cut and plug the leaks. What can you do.

The company expanded too much, way to fast in size and in dept!....It is like...things are going good for you....you are working good...making good money, and owning the 1 car and 1 pick-up truck was not enough...you wanted a boat...then you wanted a bike....then how about another new truck....things are going good...making alot of miles on my bid...making lots of overtime...then one day... BAM!....The banks go crazy....mismanagment of funds....credit crunch and the businesses having to cut back and lay off and/or go out of business....BUT, YOU are still stuck with all those payments...what to do next?.....cut back on things....you are working less hours now to pay for those toys....your bid was lost to anohter driver above you....the freight ain't there and you have to run a lesser paying run....the gravey train is slowing down....yep....they screwed up....and now THE EMPLOYEES have to pay the price for THEIR screwed up style of managemnet!....KK

KK you are totally right. To many years the measters had it to good.I keep telling the drivers live like it's a 40 hr work week.But no they have to spend every thing they get now times are slow and they are crying.I've seen this all happen many years ago it's just the times.I see younger driver with less then 25 yrs. with 3 million miles.thats crazy.Last year I run 84,000 and I have no problem making ends meet.But then I am one of the old timer cry babys because I don't run illegal and work 7 days a week.To all you measters you deserve it you screwed up the job now it's pay back.All you cheaters!!!!!:flame::ranting:Run legal ALL the time or as close as possible.

Well, my analogy was directed at the company for buying and buying and buying, until one day the economy hit them on the butt and they have to worry about paying for everything....but then I guess the analogy could go both ways...but it was directed at the company!.....KK

KK you are totally right. To many years the measters had it to good.I keep telling the drivers live like it's a 40 hr work week.But no they have to spend every thing they get now times are slow and they are crying.I've seen this all happen many years ago it's just the times.I see younger driver with less then 25 yrs. with 3 million miles.thats crazy.Last year I run 84,000 and I have no problem making ends meet.But then I am one of the old timer cry babys because I don't run illegal and work 7 days a week.To all you measters you deserve it you screwed up the job now it's pay back.All you cheaters!!!!!:flame::ranting:Run legal ALL the time or as close as possible.
What in the hell are you talking about :butthead:

The company expanded too much, way to fast in size and in dept!....It is like...things are going good for you....you are working good...making good money, and owning the 1 car and 1 pick-up truck was not enough...you wanted a boat...then you wanted a bike....then how about another new truck....things are going good...making alot of miles on my bid...making lots of overtime...then one day... BAM!....The banks go crazy....mismanagment of funds....credit crunch and the businesses having to cut back and lay off and/or go out of business....BUT, YOU are still stuck with all those payments...what to do next?.....cut back on things....you are working less hours now to pay for those toys....your bid was lost to anohter driver above you....the freight ain't there and you have to run a lesser paying run....the gravey train is slowing down....yep....they screwed up....and now THE EMPLOYEES have to pay the price for THEIR screwed up style of managemnet!....KK

lived well within my means for a long time, and I'm very glad i did!:TR10driving03:

The trend for US companies over the past few decades has been for management to slowly get away from carrying cash reserves to borrowing for day to day operations. This generation of artificial profits enabled upper management to dramatically increase their salaries to ridiculous amounts since they really weakened the companies instead of strengthening them. It was allowed to go on because they used part of this money to pay dividends. Even companies that didn't pay dividends still leveraged out their assets this way. Those execs justified their salaries as keeping pace w/market demand for their services.

why does everyone forget about the millions they spent in japan last year. for 2/3 of a company the balance is due in 2010 from what i read.

Yeah they bought a company over there a few years ago and it has been a hush hush thing hoping we forgot about it. They won't sell that Chinese logistic company...... thats their off shore account they're banking their money in. Would be nice to see them sell that off first and get their debt better managed.