Yellow | Why Can't Yrc Compete With Xpo

I pay $32.64 a week for family medical, dental and vision benefits at FedEx Freight.
So $1697.28 per year. All the top plans offered. No co pays for a regular checkup at the doctor.
No union dues.
Fedex has a 100% funded pension plan based on years of service and your age and the employees do not contribute to it at all.

They offer a Fedex stock purchase program
Up too 75% discount on shipping Fedex
401k is offered at 100% match up to 2% and you are automatically enrolled after 30 days of starting employment.
I think I earn like 5 sick days a year, and I am at 3 weeks vacation based on my yearly pay so that can vary a little year to year buts it’s more than my standard hourly rate. My vacation rate is like $33 an hour.
Once I hit 14 years in 2 more years I’ll earn another week of vacation and that is the max right now you can earn.
My terminal will ensure I get my 40 hours a week, even if I have to tie up rope and roll up straps at the end of the day they will give me my 8 a day. I usually work about 45 hours a week so I have never had to do that.

Not sure what the unions dues costs members monthly, but I would think it’s a wash maybe between what I pay for medical versus union dues?
What else does the union offer that a non-union company doesn’t anymore?

Seriously I’m not trying to stir the pot, but personally I would never join a union in this day and age, as to me they seem to be an old, outdated, dying, obsolete machine that’s desperate for paying members.

I pay $32.64 a week for family medical, dental and vision benefits at FedEx Freight.
So $1697.28 per year. All the top plans offered. No co pays for a regular checkup at the doctor.
No union dues.
Fedex has a 100% funded pension plan based on years of service and your age and the employees do not contribute to it at all.

401k is offered at 100% match up to 2% and you are automatically enrolled after 30 days of starting employment.
I think I earn like 5 sick days a year, and I am at 3 weeks vacation based on my yearly pay so that can vary a little year to year buts it’s more than my standard hourly rate. My vacation rate is like $33 an hour.
Once I hit 14 years in 2 more years I’ll earn another week of vacation and that is the max right now you can earn.
My terminal will ensure I get my 40 hours a week, even if I have to tie up rope and roll up straps at the end of the day they will give me my 8 a day. I usually work about 45 hours a week so I have never had to do that.

Not sure what the unions dues costs members monthly, but I would think it’s a wash maybe between what I pay for medical versus union dues?

Seriously I’m not trying to stir the pot, but personally I would never join a union in this day and age, as to me they seem to be an old, outdated, dying, obsolete machine that’s desperate for paying members.
I completely understand what you’re saying. Yrc companies have a old workforce our young guys got laid off with the mergers. If I was a young man I wouldn’t even look twice at Yrc. I’m guilty I’m old I got caught. Sounds like you’re in a good place congratulations. When young guys asked me about a job at Yrc. I tell them run away. In the 80s everyone will need a job with Rosdway or yellow. Those days have passed.

7219944.jpg

bf8af608abf2edf1b0a8da07f6ad9ab2.jpg

I completely understand what you’re saying. Yrc companies have a old workforce our young guys got laid off with the mergers. If I was a young man I wouldn’t even look twice at Yrc. I’m guilty I’m old I got caught. Sounds like you’re in a good place congratulations. When young guys asked me about a job at Yrc. I tell them run away. In the 80s everyone will need a job with Rosdway or yellow. Those days have passed.
When I started driving trucks in ‘91 everyone wanted that good union job and it was hard to get in. I wish you all the best of luck with your vote, cya on the road!

No union dues.

Now lets be real fedex pension is nothing u can retire off of, it's just a secondary thing.

Your 401k is your primary retirement income which u contribute to.

Trust me fedex goes up on the insurance every year after u get a pay raise.

Now lets be real fedex pension is nothing u can retire off of, it's just a secondary thing.

Your 401k is your primary retirement income which u contribute to.

Trust me fedex goes up on the insurance every year after u get a pay raise.
Oh I agree the pension is supplemental at best, but it’s better than nothing and it’s free money. Mine projects I’ll have a about 100k when I retire next 15 years from the pension.

And yes our medical usually does go up some every year but it hasn’t been all that noticeable to me be past couple of years then increases haven’t been detrimental.

Whoever said they could fire non union workers at the end of the day for whatever they want for any reason, is really out of touch with today’s workforce, it just doesn’t work like they anymore, at least not at FedEx, it’s near impossible to be fired unless your a total screw up.

Oh I agree the pension is supplemental at best, but it’s better than nothing and it’s free money. Mine projects I’ll have a about 100k when I retire next 15 years from the pension.

And yes our medical usually does go up some every year but it hasn’t been all that noticeable to me be past couple of years then increases haven’t been detrimental.

Whoever said they could fire non union workers at the end of the day for whatever they want for any reason, is really out of touch with today’s workforce, it just doesn’t work like they anymore, at least not at FedEx, it’s near impossible to be fired unless your a total screw up.

Fedex is a great company and by far the best non union LTL out there IMO.
I would be proud to work there.I do think they can do much better on the insurance for you guys but at the end of the day we can pick faults from any job.Im one that likes to see the good in the job,like feeding My family and taking vacations,having a roof over my head ect.If any of us could be doing better on our own, without a company, we would be doing it.

I have yet to see a pay stub of any non-union blowhard to see what they take home. what does 28.88 come to after insurance, 401k, additional premiums for family members etc. Our hourly wage is just what it says it is. The company pays roughly 10.00 per hour for our insurance and although We yrc employees are getting only 25 percent of our pension paid. We still have things like work rules, seniority, overtime after 8 hours grievance rights, guaranteed 40 hour workweek for 90 percent of our seniority board. Add it all up and it equals a better standard of living and working conditions. Non union folks need to wake up and join the Teamsters. because if they take us down guess who's gonna suffer the most. Non union companies only pay what they have to to keep the Teamsters out. If You drive a truck, or work the dock or yard, You are a Teamster. so call Your local union and join today then We can all live better!
40 hour work week after all deductions I bring home around $700

I have a legitimate question, whats the maximum you can receive from your pension when you retire from Teamsters

It varies by supplement. In WCTC (Western) my max will be about $1865 if I do not participate in survivor benefit, continued spousal payments, at 65. Anyone hired after 2009, does not participate. Pension contributions are no longer made on their behalf. Instead, $2.07/hr to 401k, maxed at 2080 hrs. Small annual increases do occur. In 2011, contribution rate was about $1.45/hr. Those 401k contributions are now made on behalf of all in lieu of pension contributions.

There are a variety of pension distribution options ranging to $1545 at 65 with survivor of $1030/month. Other options include lump sum death benefit options and sliding scales beginning at age 62.