Yellow | Why Can't Yrc Compete With Xpo

Good old IU, screwed a lot of people.
RYDER/P-i-E/HELMS/BYRNS/TRANSCON

cpIZpIC.jpg

This merged mess lasted until December 1990!
:crybaby:

How much of a match..You must have great earnings even if you make 100 grand per year you have only contributed 100 grand.
Hey Dirty Bird
I'm really surprised he doesn't have more in the last 10 years
We don't get a match and mine has almost doubled in the last 6 years, should have been more but I raised my contribution in 2014 to 16%
The last 2 years alone my contributions earned 24% in 2017 and 11% in 2018 up 12 % this year to date i didn't get much compounding from the earlier years because my contributions were minimal (still had faith in the pension)(2014 vote debacle woke me up), had I been contributing like I should have the way the market has been right when he started 10 years ago, my goodness even without a match
Remember 2009 10 years ago the market crashed (housing and debt crisis) so a person starting 10 years ago right when Obama got in office and the last 2 years with Trump got in I would say probably one of the best times in history, for the common worker making steady contributions

I work at XPO put 10 percent of my paycheck in 401k which has over 250,000 in it for 10 years pay $38 a week for insurance for family.
Ok what is the deductible on the health insurance? Is there a thesh hold you have to reach in order for the Ins to pay? And after that dose your insurance only pay 80% leaving you with having to pay 20%
As an example With my Union Ins I pay $20 for a Dr. visit.$100 to go to the E.R. and $10 or so for an RX.
I have no $5000 yearly copay to cover just so the Ins can pay 80% of whats left.

Question about XPO: Do most or all of their guys have the same type of job where each night they take a set down to a terminal a couple hundred miles away, break the set, unload and reload the set, build the set and go back to their home barn? The guys that I have known, which is only a few, have all had jobs like that which really would not appeal to me at any price. Maybe that's just me but in all my years of driving and looking for work I have never applied there and they have a good size terminal about 18 miles from my house. I am actually not that big a fan of pulling sets, I only did it one winter for four months when I was laid off from Holland but I was glad to get back to pulling long boxes and I really dislike working the dock, don't get me wrong once or twice a month when I have to make a kick is not a big deal but every night like a velocity job....no thanks! Geez do I sound picky or lazy or both.....good thing I'm a Teamster! And please hold it down when I am taking my nap tonight!

Question about XPO: Do most or all of their guys have the same type of job where each night they take a set down to a terminal a couple hundred miles away, break the set, unload and reload the set, build the set and go back to their home barn? The guys that I have known, which is only a few, have all had jobs like that which really would not appeal to me at any price. Maybe that's just me but in all my years of driving and looking for work I have never applied there and they have a good size terminal about 18 miles from my house. I am actually not that big a fan of pulling sets, I only did it one winter for four months when I was laid off from Holland but I was glad to get back to pulling long boxes and I really dislike working the dock, don't get me wrong once or twice a month when I have to make a kick is not a big deal but every night like a velocity job....no thanks! Geez do I sound picky or lazy or both.....good thing I'm a Teamster! And please hold it down when I am taking my nap tonight!

I'm on your side, had I wanted to load freight, I'd have applied for a dock job.
I can count the times I touched a piece of freight in 35yrs. on 1 hand.
I didn't mind the pups, that's all we ran the last 2 or 3 years.
Bad thing, Ga. didn't allow pups off the interstate, I missed running 301 and BS sessions with folks.

At SAIA it was $12 weekly for healthcare (single) $35 family... Damn good and better than most. 401K match. 2 weeks vacation after one year. Paid jury duty for however long in takes. Top pay close to 30hr. Look, I’m not trying to be confrontational. The non-union carriers compensation packages for the most part are better in the final analysis. The point I’m trying to make is it’s worth it to make a little less to have job security and self respect. That does not exist at any non-union carrier.
SAIA health insurance better than most? It’s not just the cost of the premium, how much out of pocket is it when you actually go to a doctor or get bloodwork or MRIs etc?

Last prescription I paid 73 cents for a 3 month supply
I have two scripts.
The other one is 80 some cents. I'd have to look.
Blood work. Mri's cost nothing if you stay in pocket.
A few years back I had some serious surgery.
Almost 200 grand. 4 hospital says. Each stay was 15-10 days.
Not mentioning the hundreds of prescriptions I had filled including Humira
Which each shot. (you get a box of two) each shot was 1700 dollars.
(which is why you see them pushing drugs in commercials) (yes! Pushing drugs)
Would any like to know what an infusion of Remicade costs?
A drug similar to humira but once a month infusion.. Just a tad under 14 grand.
I was given 14 infusions..paid just the deductible.. 2 grand.
Does our Healthcare compete with xpo? I don't think so.

Last edited:
At SAIA it was $12 weekly for healthcare (single) $35 family... Damn good and better than most. 401K match. 2 weeks vacation after one year. Paid jury duty for however long in takes. Top pay close to 30hr. Look, I’m not trying to be confrontational. The non-union carriers compensation packages for the most part are better in the final analysis. The point I’m trying to make is it’s worth it to make a little less to have job security and self respect. That does not exist at any non-union carrier.

When I was working, I was called for a grand jury stint for 1 year, PIE paid me 8 hrs for each day I was on jury duty.
With all the money I made, including jury pay, I couldn't decide if I wanted to purchase IBM or Microsoft, so I just stopped by Tractor Supply and blew it all on a bag of bird seed.

When I was working, I was called for a grand jury stint for 1 year, PIE paid me 8 hrs for each day I was on jury duty.
With all the money I made, including jury pay, I couldn't decide if I wanted to purchase IBM or Microsoft, so I just stopped by Tractor Supply and blew it all on a bag of bird seed.

I'll bet that put a feather in your cap!

Ok what is the deductible on the health insurance? Is there a thesh hold you have to reach in order for the Ins to pay? And after that dose your insurance only pay 80% leaving you with having to pay 20%
As an example With my Union Ins I pay $20 for a Dr. visit.$100 to go to the E.R. and $10 or so for an RX.
I have no $5000 yearly copay to cover just so the Ins can pay 80% of whats left.
Depends on the plan you pick. The one I picked they contribute money towards my deductibles which carries over from year to year if you don't use it all. When I go to Dr I pay nothing until all that money is gone. I'm pretty healthy so I've never had to pay yet

I have a legitimate question, whats the maximum you can receive from your pension when you retire from Teamsters
Difficult to say depending on find we got guys getting up to 6500 7000 up in New England on the top plan at age 64 but a lot go at 57 with about 4800

I’m a bit more pragmatic than you Breeze. With my extra cash I rounded up around 25 goats and loaded them up in my trailer and took them down to the local veterinarian and had their nuts cut. The goat population has grown by leaps and bounds here in Texas. Every time I turn around I see a damn goat mounting up. They need to get a ****ing room!

I’m a bit more pragmatic than you Breeze. With my extra cash I rounded up around 25 goats and loaded them up in my trailer and took them down to the local veterinarian and had their nuts cut. The goat population has grown by leaps and bounds here in Texas. Every time I turn around I see a damn goat mounting up.

Didn’t know goat yoga was popular in Texas?

I’m a bit more pragmatic than you Breeze. With my extra cash I rounded up around 25 goats and loaded them up in my trailer and took them down to the local veterinarian and had their nuts cut. The goat population has grown by leaps and bounds here in Texas. Every time I turn around I see a damn goat mounting up. They need to get a :censored: room!

Hope Ump doesn't hear about this, you'd be in big trouble.