Why do the Vanderpols hate Jesus?

Paul the Apostle was in a Roman prison, so by your determination he must hate Jesus since he was on the Roman 'bad boy list..' I can't possibly accept the NLRB as an authority of what is moral. Further, I have been on this forum enough to not accept the phrase 'hard-working honest Teamster.' Along with that the testimony of numerous drivers that had to put up with Teamsters during the strike strongly indicated that they are anything but honest or hard-working. I never once had to force anyone to allow me to work for them...not even Vanderpols. If ever I felt that I was forcing someone to allow me to work for them I would have to go elsewhere for employment. I think your Teamster paradigm has clouded your view on what a business owner's responsibilities are and therefore you misconstrue their actions as hate. Some would say that it is a very sick way of looking at things.

Great point and well said!
To continue within that train of thought, to view the NLRB, or any other human entity, as the moral authority would be in itself the more likely attitude of "hate" towards Jesus.

This guy has nothing better to do than debate whether the vp's hate Jesus or not. I am sure they feel redeemed ever time they go to church which they should. This thread was started because these glory bound church going people have done everything they can to try and cheat the working man (woman) out of a decent living. Isn't this what the tryants of history have always done?

Truckchick, Why don't you start your own trucking company and live up to the standards you apply to what your version of fair is. What is fair?

This guy has nothing better to do than debate whether the vp's hate Jesus or not. I am sure they feel redeemed ever time they go to church which they should. This thread was started because these glory bound church going people have done everything they can to try and cheat the working man (woman) out of a decent living. Isn't this what the tryants of history have always done?

You really need to find some basis for your claim that anyone is trying to cheat anybody. Personally, I put faith in God for my provision...not NLRB or IBT. If you feel cheated, you have the right to work elsewhere. A tyrant, as in all of history, would that you did not have this right. To accuse a business owner of being a tyrant, in a free society, is just silly.

Great point and well said!
To continue within that train of thought, to view the NLRB, or any other human entity, as the moral authority would be in itself the more likely attitude of "hate" towards Jesus.

I would not be a long stretch to suggest that some union members, whether they be AFL/CIO, SEIU, Teamster, or other, put their faith in the unions and therefore stop trusting God. This could easily be viewed as idolatry. I would not not suggest that all union members feel this way but for many the union has become their religion.

yes ryerke I have noticed some that are caught up in that form of idolatry.
But like you said not all but many.
It's a bad mistake to fully trust other people to protect you or always put your interest first.
I've found that man will let you down every time sooner or later, but God never will.

The apostles of Jesus Christ understood that also....

Acts 5:29- "Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."

I would not be a long stretch to suggest that some union members, whether they be AFL/CIO, SEIU, Teamster, or other, put their faith in the unions and therefore stop trusting God. This could easily be viewed as idolatry. I would not not suggest that all union members feel this way but for many the union has become their religion.

No, the Union is not a religion.

It is a contracted position that keeps all parties honest via a contractual obligation. Similar to contracts with Senior Management except without the golden parachute.

That would depend on what definition of "religion" you accept...

1. Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary:
"a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith."
This definition does not require elements often associated with religion, such as deity, morality, worldview, etc. Nor does the next one from Websters....

2. Webster's New World Dictionary (Third College Edition):
"any specific system of belief and worship, often involving a code of ethics and a philosophy."
I understand that when most people think of the word 'religion' they think of Churchs and worship of a higher power, or ones particular faith, but that's not the complete literal meaning of the word 'religion'. So in the technical sense of the word a Union (or any other group that one is highly involved with) could become a persons religion. Especially if that group gets more of ones time, trust and energy than a faith based group like a Church.

Kings disciple, That's pretty much what I meant. Unions are not the only place to find that type of reliance on other people. There are many examples but unions undoubtedly contribute to this. I don't think many people are buying into the notion that unions only provide a contract and nothing else. Not any more anyway.

Yes ryerke... you used the key word to define what is truly ones religion IMO.
That word is "reliance"....
To define ones real religion would be to find out 'who' or 'what' the person is reliant on to provide the things of life they need.

From Websters again...
reliance- 1. confident or trustful dependence. 2. something or someone relied on.

For me, I place my reliance on God, not in any man made institution.

I don't think many people are buying into the notion that unions only provide a contract and nothing else. Not any more anyway.
Seems that way to me also. The Union can be used as a tool within the work environment, but it can't replace God.
I see the same thing happening to many people concerning the government, they want to rely on it instead of God.
Thus making the government their God and thus their 'religion'. A very dangerous trend IMO.