ABF | Why don’t you fix things that is costing you money

gravytrain1

ABF Road Driver
Credits
Fix today? will save you money tomorrow! Get those trailers legal before they are hooked.Scales have been torn up forever at 086. All These over weight pups ,no 3 axle trucks . Lights at night are terrible . Also all these people driving there cars on the lot. You better be able to run fast!

They are very typical in this case.

Here in the South if a tree was rotting above your house, it will cost upwards of a thousand to have it removed. Money you do not have.

In the next storm it comes down on your home and Insurance refuses to pay because its rotting. Now its a 20,000 dollar problem.

Trucking companys spending a dollar is something of a miracle. Part of the problem is that when a Trucking Company hauls freight for so and so, legally so and so has 120 days to pay up. Thats a big problem. Most all banks, wall street etc demands settlement (Paid up) at close of business. So why shouldnt trucking be paid at sundown too?

Then maybe theres a dollar to fix it before ticket.

Ive been known to be refused a repair, mosey into a DOT Scale, put out of service, have the dispatch whistle up a mobile repairman or captain hook at great expense and fix it there or wherever. Then pull me into the yard to yell at me, I simply tell them as the Agent of the Company with defective equipment THEIR FAILURE to pay up to fix the defect caused greater expenses. Not my problem.

Oh yes Truckers are very expensive. Its a little wonder we get anything done at all spending a dollar.