XPO | Why don't we get paid for travel days?

There's a lot more to the story actually. Remember all that paperwork you signed when you hired on? The ones that said you bring your own tools, etc. Just like it's our responsibilty to buy new tools when new trucks require them, it's our responsibily to learn these new technologies. In many cases, changes are easy to pick up. In the case of EGR, Regen, SCR and multi-plexing, you just can't pick that stuff up quickly. It is your choice, get your own training or take what they give you. The bottom line is, you're not worth top rate if you cannot fix everything we have. Freightliner and Detroit require certified techs to do warranty work. They have every right to deny warranty if the mechanic is not certified. You know as well as I do, you don't know if it's warranty or not until you charge the part. If every thing that is warranty gets sent out we'll have some big issues. We wont need as many mechanics and things will take longer to get fixed. I for one do not want to be a parts changer only, I want to learn these things. I'd like to get paid for it, but it's not a show stopper for me.

I have been through the EPA04 class and I thought I was pretty good, I did learn a lot and it has made my job easier. I look at it this way. I get paid mileage, I live about an hour from the airport, so I get about $120.00 for that and only used maybe $20.00 worth of gas. I got paid $100 for that travel day. All other expenses are paid, I did not pay for a meal for 5 1/2 days (and ate better then I would have at home), parking, and the hotel was paid. I didn't have to put in OT that week either. It was actually a nice break in the everyday madness.

It's not a perfect situation, but there is some good for you in it. I think the goods outweigh the bads. Like someone already mentioned, I will be one of those guys that say why do I always get stuck with these jobs, it's not my fault he can't do it, we make the same money.

travel trailer rentals california
Another addition to Salem's successful line of towables has hit the market running. turning heads whereve it lands - Enter Cruise Lite by Forest River Salem. There is no doubt you will be more than pleased with the camping experience that can only be shared with Cruise Lite.

I've got a Airstream Travel Trailer and I love it