Central Transport | why is the intergration failing your thoughts

undead

TB Lurker
Credits
despite the new wave technology it is not working at many terminals. undelivered freight, excessive damages are things I see everyday. I think CT wanted this done this yr to use the losses as a tax write off

I don't think it is failing. Integrations are hard. What IS failing? Drivers, dock workers, office staff, mechanics, and dispatchers who literally couldn't care less about the success of this company because they know in their hearts that this company will never make THEM successful. The harder you work here, the more you lose because you put in more effort but you never really become wealthy.
Let me give you a clue. This company had NO INTENTION of keeping all the customers, all the freight, all the drivers, or all the staff. He wanted the bigger auto contracts and he could afford to buy a whole company to get them. End of story. "Mom and pop" customers and Vitran employees are nothing but an annoying afterthought.

Those who hop on board with the threats and intimidation can stay... Anyone with some dignity and a brain can hit the door.

Truth.

I don't think it is failing. Integrations are hard. What IS failing? Drivers, dock workers, office staff, mechanics, and dispatchers who literally couldn't care less about the success of this company because they know in their hearts that this company will never make THEM successful. The harder you work here, the more you lose because you put in more effort but you never really become wealthy.
Let me give you a clue. This company had NO INTENTION of keeping all the customers, all the freight, all the drivers, or all the staff. He wanted the bigger auto contracts and he could afford to buy a whole company to get them. End of story. "Mom and pop" customers and Vitran employees are nothing but an annoying afterthought.

Those who hop on board with the threats and intimidation can stay... Anyone with some dignity and a brain can hit the door.

Truth.

I know at Holland we are seeing ALOT of ex Vitran freight. I feel for you guys. We were bought by a pos outfit too. It will take some time to recover.

Truth....Absolutely!!!
Let me say that here in Arlington Texas at the GM plant that we serve out of Dallas business is booming...The Tahoes and Escalades are rolling off in records numbers....Who shuttles trailers back and forth from the rail? Who does all of their logistics? UNIVERSAL !! A Moroun owned company. The LTL business has tripled for Central at GM Arlington and all their vendors in the DFW market place and continues to grow at a record pace...DFW is one of the hottest markets in the U.S right now and this man has capitalized on it big time...He's no fool at least when it comes to making money...Many LTL companies rise or fall on the DFW success....OD....SAIA....FEDX....ESTES.....UPSF.....all run operations out of Ft. Worth as well to maintain critical service issues...Central runs out of the old YRC 200 door terminal that is a rat invested hell hole....You could eat off the floor at OD's terminals in Dallas and Ft. Worth....At Central Dallas you better make sure you don't step in quicksand ....Pride is something that means a lot to me...I can't find it here. It's time for me to move on. And I will, rather I resign or get terminated remains to be seen...Men just don't be blindsided by this family....Know where you stand and act accordingly....Don't sell your soul to the devil for the almighty dollar...Plan your exit strategy and move in a calculated and strategic manner.

Let me say that here in Arlington Texas at the GM plant that we serve out of Dallas business is booming...The Tahoes and Escalades are rolling off in records numbers....Who shuttles trailers back and forth from the rail? Who does all of their logistics? UNIVERSAL !! A Moroun owned company. The LTL business has tripled for Central at GM Arlington and all their vendors in the DFW market place and continues to grow at a record pace...DFW is one of the hottest markets in the U.S right now and this man has capitalized on it big time...He's no fool at least when it comes to making money...Many LTL companies rise or fall on the DFW success....OD....SAIA....FEDX....ESTES.....UPSF.....all run operations out of Ft. Worth as well to maintain critical service issues...Central runs out of the old YRC 200 door terminal that is a rat invested hell hole....You could eat off the floor at OD's terminals in Dallas and Ft. Worth....At Central Dallas you better make sure you don't step in quicksand ....Pride is something that means a lot to me...I can't find it here. It's time for me to move on. And I will, rather I resign or get terminated remains to be seen...Men just don't be blindsided by this family....Know where you stand and act accordingly....Don't sell your soul to the devil for the almighty dollar...Plan your exit strategy and move in a calculated and strategic manner.

Now just you settle down, Train. You're starting to sound a lot like that "Jacknife 18" character ... and we all know what a loser THAT guy is. ;-)

Since day one when this buyout came about I have enough experience in this business to know all about Matty and the way his employees are treated.My terminal is going after all the Vitran/Pjax employees. Making life difficult working the freezing dock after 10 hrs on the street, talking to them like s#^(. They got a good view of me from the beginning. I will make them think I will go along to get along. Looking for that opportunity to leave, either by a bad ankle or something else.Have no respect for anybody here in management, and as far as you train, I hope you are enjoying Mr. Hartman and get to see what a pice of slug he really is.All our freight is leaving and Saia, Estes,Dayton, Ups and Fed Ex have hires some of our guys. In reality all Matty did was buy Vitran and make the competition busier. In 20 plus years I have never seen this much hiring during this part of the year.Really all he wanted to do was get back the automotive freight that Pjax underbid him a couple of years ago.

from what i understand is holland is profitable and is paying the bills for yrc, now they're asking for more and also have an extremely big bank loan payment coming up. that gm freight c.t. got from vitran is a 10 yr $100 mil contract. manny got what he wanted plus alot of equipment and some real estate. he really could care less with the rest of the freight. it's just running through the c.t. system until the accts leave on their own or stay on his terms.