XPO | why od is beating us

Started at OD in May in sales and all I can say is Con-way has there finger stuck in their ear! Start treating the employees like they deserve to be treated, and management should stop managing by intimidation.
OD knows how to treat people and it shows, as there are not to many newbies. Good luck to Con-way. :rant:

Thats wierd because every OD driver I have ever talked to could not stop talking about how much he hated working for OD. I must live in the bizarro world where everything is opposite of what it really is. That must be why I like my job so much. I really don't like it but I don't realize it. :banana:

[quote author=INC link=topic=80324.msg838144#msg838144 date=1276735955]
Started at OD in May in sales and all I can say is Con-way has there finger stuck in their ear! Start treating the employees like they deserve to be treated, and management should stop managing by intimidation.
OD knows how to treat people and it shows, as there are not to many newbies. Good luck to Con-way. :rant:
[/quote]

Im with O.D. for 5 Weeks now, things couldn't be better !! :dance:

[quote author=radman link=topic=80324.msg838183#msg838183 date=1276748400]
Thats wierd because every OD driver I have ever talked to could not stop talking about how much he hated working for OD. I must live in the bizarro world where everything is opposite of what it really is. That must be why I like my job so much. I really don't like it but I don't realize it. :banana:
[/quote] you must work for management at Conway radman. you have something bad to say about everyone else but Conway! I guess thats the norm at Conway,the better then everyone else attitude will catch up to them over there sooner than later.....

[/quote]

It sure is a "bizarro" world over at Con-way! If they only realized it, it would help. :buttkisser:

[quote author=INC link=topic=80324.msg838381#msg838381 date=1276825907]
[/quote]

It sure is a "bizarro" world over at Con-way! If they only realized it, it would help. :buttkisser:
[/quote]

That is an operating model well embraced and forever entrenched at Con-Way.

It will never change.

The people don't matter...only numbers...only executive perks...and any management evaluations.

Beyond that there is nothing left. This company used to be a force to be reckoned with...all gone.

Back in the day service was the number one issue...now it is only advertising hype with no substance.

Video after video telling us how much they appreciate our efforts...simultaneously telling us we aren't doing enough. They always want more...nothing is ever good enough...

This company has 'double talk' down to a fine science...and dishonesty as an undocumented core value.

They tell you they want your committment and excellence when in reality they just want little tin soldiers to do their bidding at any beck and call.

This business isn't rocket science...but they have made it that way in order to justify their own existence

There is always another "Jerry Detter" just waiting in the wings for the right opportunity...and we seem to providing it.

Rat

[quote author=Rat link=topic=80324.msg838421#msg838421 date=1276835567]
[quote author=INC link=topic=80324.msg838381#msg838381 date=1276825907]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is an operating model well embraced and forever entrenched at Con-Way.

It will never change.

The people don't matter...only numbers...only executive perks...and any management evaluations.

Beyond that there is nothing left. This company used to be a force to be reckoned with...all gone.

Back in the day service was the number one issue...now it is only advertising hype with no substance.

Video after video telling us how much they appreciate our efforts...simultaneously telling us we aren't doing enough. They always want more...nothing is ever good enough...

This company has 'double talk' down to a fine science...and dishonesty as an undocumented core value.

They tell you they want your committment and excellence when in reality they just want little tin soldiers to do their bidding at any beck and call.

This business isn't rocket science...but they have made it that way in order to justify their own existence

There is always another "Jerry Detter" just waiting in the wings for the right opportunity...and we seem to providing it.

Rat
[/quote]
You are right again Rat. Since Uncle Jerry left , the closest they have come to filling his shoes has been someone from the movie Dumb and Dumber!!! I am so sick of watching those stupid videos. I don't care if we do get paid to watch them I am sick and tired of watching and listening to those morons . One of these days I will loose my job over throwing something thru the freaking TV !!!My Mom always told me to never use the word HATE. She said it was wrong and never use it. My Mom never met anyone from Con-Way !!!!

[quote author=skybuster2 link=topic=80324.msg838359#msg838359 date=1276819502]
[/quote] you must work for management at Conway radman. you have something bad to say about everyone else but Conway! I guess thats the norm at Conway,the better then everyone else attitude will catch up to them over there sooner than later.....
[/quote]

I don't have anything bad to say about anybody. What I stated was a FACT. You might be able to say the same thing about every Con-way driver you ever met as well. Things may not be bad at OD, I might have just talked to the 5 drivers who hate it there. I could not tell you for sure. I do know that this is the Con-way Freight board so all my comments on this board are for the Con-way Freight drivers on this board. Do I think that we are better than everybody else??? ABSOLUTELY. We are the fastest carrier in the United States hands down. No other carrier goes more places faster than we do. Our model has set the bar very high for SERVICE which all other carriers are trying to reach.

Do I personally think I am better or Con-way drivers are better than anyone else??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I have met lots of awsome drivers from all the LTL's throughout my daily travels.As far as whether I am part of management, you should read my disclaimer on the bottom of my post. I DRIVE FOR CON-WAY FREIGHT BUT I DON'T SPEAK FOR THEM. MY OPINIONS ARE MINE AND MINE ALONE.FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the attitudes of the drivers at Con-Way, what do you think the drivers at O.D say about us? I know too many city drivers here that are ready to walk out.

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=80324.msg839300#msg839300 date=1277108597]
With the attitudes of the drivers at Con-Way, what do you think the drivers at O.D say about us? I know too many city drivers here that are ready to walk out.
[/quote]

Who cares if they do go??? People come and people go all the time. If they are not happy then they should go and find happiness. In my part of the world Fed-Ex Freight has billboards up on the sides of the interstates coming in and out of town advertising that they are looking for drivers just like you and me. I am not going to take that bait but I am sure that some will.

hey radman.....sorry to disagree with you.........con-way may have set the bar years ago, but it was knocked down and the competition is getting the same if not more respect then conway used to. the way in which this company has STOMPED on the very folks who really cared has not only changed the opinion of its employees, it has also changed the opinions of its customers.

why do you think all the upper level management jetted years ago when Jerry left.......when NEMF rolled west? they all seen it coming. At the time, I asked some of these people I knew personally why they could so easily leave the almighty con-way. If only I could have read between the lines at the time. Even turned down a lucrative offer to stay with the one almighty con-way. regret that mistake......
I used to hold dear to my heart the dream they spoke of......till I was stabbed in the heart. I understand how you feel and respect your pride in your company. I only hope your dream is not shattered like many other dsrs. good luck to you.

[quote author=companyclown link=topic=80324.msg840169#msg840169 date=1277392650]
hey radman.....sorry to disagree with you.........con-way may have set the bar years ago, but it was knocked down and the competition is getting the same if not more respect then conway used to. the way in which this company has STOMPED on the very folks who really cared has not only changed the opinion of its employees, it has also changed the opinions of its customers.

why do you think all the upper level management jetted years ago when Jerry left.......when NEMF rolled west? they all seen it coming. At the time, I asked some of these people I knew personally why they could so easily leave the almighty con-way. If only I could have read between the lines at the time. Even turned down a lucrative offer to stay with the one almighty con-way. regret that mistake......
I used to hold dear to my heart the dream they spoke of......till I was stabbed in the heart. I understand how you feel and respect your pride in your company. I only hope your dream is not shattered like many other dsrs. good luck to you.
[/quote]
I agree 100% Clown. Uncle Jerry left because he couldn't set back and support what the B.O.D. was going to do to us . He always told us this was a Driver Oriented Company. When he realized that it was going to change he split.

You know what, I don't feel like I have been stomped on at all. But thats just me I guess. I am a "the glass is half full" kind of guy. I know alot of you long time veterans are pissed off. I have not been with the company anywhere near you 20+ year vets so I have not walked a mile in your shoes while you have walked a mile plus a few more in mine. I do know this, I will stick with the outfit I am with now. The devil you know rather than the devil you don't. I have had ALOT of jobs that sucked, my job with Con-way is not one of them. I suspose making $1500 this week makes my job that much better. I never made that much before I came to Con-way.

[quote author=radman link=topic=80324.msg840586#msg840586 date=1277531587]
You know what, I don't feel like I have been stomped on at all. But thats just me I guess. I am a "the glass is half full" kind of guy. I know alot of you long time veterans are pissed off. I have not been with the company anywhere near you 20+ year vets so I have not walked a mile in your shoes while you have walked a mile plus a few more in mine. I do know this, I will stick with the outfit I am with now. The devil you know rather than the devil you don't. I have had ALOT of jobs that sucked, my job with Con-way is not one of them. I suspose making $1500 this week makes my job that much better. I never made that much before I came to Con-way.
[/quote]well i guess we know your price.....