Estes | Why Stay

why does anyone stay working at estes is it the pay :hysterical:
I really believe it all boils down change. When change comes in your life there is fear. People know had bad it is but fear wins them over. Older guys well they are stuck there if they need the medical but the younger guys have much more to gain. Let me say there is much more better things than the big EEEE. Ya GI gave me a job but I chose to leave after 20 years. And UPS has been good to me and I'm thankful for what I have and Thank the Lord everynight for my job.

hmmm why do i stay? well i like it here. i work with a great bunch of guys and enjoy my run most of the time. i get paid a fair rate, IMHO, and i know there is other companies that pay more and such. but i feel i am paid a reasonable amount. yes i would like to be paid more, heck i'd like to be independantly wealthly. but i am not :D Big E treats me well, if i have a problem i talk to the powers that be and we try and find a solution. sometimes we do sometimes we dont, but i usally find out the answer very quickly, and i find that very comforting. i wish i could answer all the questions to explain myself better and i hope some others post with why they stay also. have a great day and keep the rubber side down!!

The rate of pay itself is not generally the issue. It's getting paid for what you do, like getting paid when you're on their time.

I think the biggest issue now is all the line runs being cut and senior drivers being put on systems.

Looks like the door is going to begin to swing wild soon.

Time to start their own driving school to get drivers or camp out at Schneider, Knight, Swift and the like to get more.

MT they already camp out at the schools and the kids say Swift is better, the word is out about the big EEE

Time to start their own driving school to get drivers or camp out at Schneider, Knight, Swift and the like to get more.

you mean like what GI has been doing for years now?? taking a guy off the dock and putting him in a big truck and calling him a linehual driver. and yes i know Estes and other LTL companies do the same thing, but because GI was a superior LTL company to Estes i am singleing out GI.

i think its a great idea , i really do. its a great way to move up the ranks in a company, HOWEVER at GI i think its a bit risky to hire a dock worker get him his CDL and have him drive around the dock 5 times with doubles and say OKAY you are a linehual driver now. and all of this after the guy has been employed with the company for 2 years or less. BAD IDEA!! in 2 years that guy hasnt hardly even learded how to load a trailer let alone DRIVE a truck :biglaugh:

you mean like what GI has been doing for years now?? taking a guy off the dock and putting him in a big truck and calling him a linehual driver. and yes i know Estes and other LTL companies do the same thing, but because GI was a superior LTL company to Estes i am singleing out GI.

i think its a great idea , i really do. its a great way to move up the ranks in a company, HOWEVER at GI i think its a bit risky to hire a dock worker get him his CDL and have him drive around the dock 5 times with doubles and say OKAY you are a linehual driver now. and all of this after the guy has been employed with the company for 2 years or less. BAD IDEA!! in 2 years that guy hasnt hardly even learded how to load a trailer let alone DRIVE a truck :biglaugh:
Jim Bob Gi never took a dock worker from the dock make him a driver and let him loose until he was capable of doing so. The training they provided was more superior to the schools. If a guy didn't cut it in school he was out. As for linehaul he was to wait a least a year then more training before letting him out. Was it a perfect system no, nothing is perfect but they was given the training passed DMV and what they do later well you know right.

"but because G.I. was a superior LTL company to estes" Wow I think I'm finally breaking through that Kool-aid armor of yours. I thought I was gonna have to do like George Bush and cut and run. But wer'e finally making progress on the insurgency. If you keep pounding em with logic they finally come around. Just busting your balls. Have a good weekend. And good luck with your runs. I know Downing says the money he earns keeps him where he's at. But if it gets that bad, there are options out there. Better options! Some people only look at their mileage rate and their hourly rate and they think that they are in line with the other carriers out there. But when you look deeper,that's when you see the difference. Example... went to the dentist. Need three crowns. With my new employers insurance, it will cost me the same copay as one crown with estes insurance. Just food for thought.

Jim Bob Gi never took a dock worker from the dock make him a driver and let him loose until he was capable of doing so. The training they provided was more superior to the schools. If a guy didn't cut it in school he was out. As for linehaul he was to wait a least a year then more training before letting him out. Was it a perfect system no, nothing is perfect but they was given the training passed DMV and what they do later well you know right.

When I started they wouldn't even cut me loose for 2 full trips. I had to ride along to CXO, and pair up the next trip to SAN.

Might have been my scroungy appearance.

When I started they wouldn't even cut me loose for 2 full trips. I had to ride along to CXO, and pair up the next trip to SAN.

Might have been my scroungy appearance.
I thought it was just because we liked you and we didn't want you to get hurt. See we did care about you young guys. We were a tight group of guys but our standards were high