XPO | Why wasn't there a warning?

or was there? I've read many posts and haven't ran into that question yet. Sorry if it's already been covered.Why not let your employees know that something is going to happen. Sucks that so many are without jobs and even worse that it's this time of year and I'm sure a lot of people weren't even prepared. How could they be if they didn't have a clue?

Legally they don't have to as we are all at will employees... Many of us who were impacted by this latest round of cuts had a suspicion that it was coming, the rumors about december 5th were flying around but nobody let slip the full extent of the cuts...

Here is some food for thought, those who were offered another position within the company were NOT offered a separation package which forced many of us to accept positions at significantly reduced pay as Con-way stated that should we decide not to accept the position offered con-way WOULD fight unemployement and we would walk with only our accrued vacation and the pathetic ICP... That video didn't mention that bit of information.

i understand the impilcations of giving 2 weeks or 1 week or days notice to an employee your going to fire/layoff/terminate as discussed above....

....but what strikes me as cruel is that these guys came in to work as usual, most started working on their daily duties, and then.... called to the office, 5 minutes later walked off the property....

why? why did they even let them come to work.... for the Drivers who were layed off they were on the bottom and most likely had no bid and were on call. They were called in as usual, got dressed for work and everything. They probably had to come back at another time to return all their uniforms. Why couldnt they just tell them on the phone, hey bring all your uniforms were laying you off...

That's why I did all mine at the end of their shifts...

your a good man, considering you arent getting payed per hour and probably didnt have to do this(or stay late if that was the case), but atleast giving them a full day's work they're gonna need every dollar for their final check. It must have been hard.

...i'm not shure if ur allowed to answer this, or want to, but how far ahead did u know about it? it must have been hard.

:hide:I DO feel for all of those that are no longer employed with Con-Way through no fault of their own.
I am grateful to be employed.
As much as I do not care for some of the stuff going on, I have to remember when a certain Parent Company of ours left a message on their employees phone stating that your services are no longer needed!
Hopefully, Con-Way will not come to that.
These are strange and new times for the LTL industry. I hope Con-Way is making the right decisions to protect our Companys future, and the future earnings of those of us who are still here.
God Bless All Of You.............Longtimeltl...:smilie_132: