FedEx Freight | Why?

Franklin

TB Veteran
Credits
Ok. FedEx is big on saying that everything is the same between the opco's, work rules, policies, measurements, can someone explain this to me?

FedEx National drivers are allowed to waive their lunches. They sign a paper saying they can. They only have to notify dispatch if they are going to take a lunch.

FedEx Freight will write you up if you don't take your lunch within the alloted time.

FedEx National tractors don't shut down after 2 minutes. FedEx Freight tractors do.

If we're the "same", why the different work rules?

I know in California the first lunch is mandatory, and it must be taken in a specified time limit. The second lunch can be waved, although you can use that thirty minutes if your running a little late. I've talked to some of the line drivers in Arizona, and they can wave there first lunch if they want to, so maybe its a state by state deal, I just don't know.

The two minute idle is a real pain in the rear end, but I think that is a federal mandated law too. I'm already on my third starter.

We just had one of our drivers who was cleaning there windows fall off the front tire and hurt themselves, so I'm sure they will be watching for that. It seems that the equipment to clean your windows has also went away, or is in poor condition. If you have to clean your windows, maybe you should do it off site. TP

NO,NO, We have to take our lunches between 3 & 6 hours and if it don't say meal or lunch on the log we get wrote up, and the 6th one your gone. And our trucks do cut off in 2 to 3 minutes. Oh and FXF stills makes more money than we do.

NO,NO, We have to take our lunches between 3 & 6 hours and if it don't say meal or lunch on the log we get wrote up, and the 6th one your gone. And our trucks do cut off in 2 to 3 minutes. Oh and FXF stills makes more money than we do.

EXACTLY we are no different except for pay and equipment. We have to drink the kool aid too we just don't get the mile marker tapes so we have no idea why we are drinking it.

got wrote up today for that as a matter of fact..LOL..went top line but forgot to write LUNCH.. WTF else would I go there for? Idiots

got wrote up today for that as a matter of fact..LOL..went top line but forgot to write LUNCH.. WTF else would I go there for? Idiots

Got to defend the log auditors/Road payroll on this one. I know it is elementary to you, but they are charged with auditing logs and correcting mistakes prior to the Feds auditing them. They are not allowed to change the logs. They MUST notify you of the error and have you change it. Also, they are subject to write-ups if they do not do their job.
No matter if in Hootersville, or BFE, there are plenty of rules that just do not make sense, and one must just try to make the best of it.

I'll second the National info. FXNL DCO we must take and note meal breaks, no excuses. And our company trucks also shut down at two minutes. Now we got a few rental trucks that don't follow the rules.....

Well, the guy I talked to was adamant that they were allowed to waive their lunches saying he signed a paper to that effect during his training. Washington State law allows you to waive your lunch if the company agrees to it. Merely keep a signed paper on file saying that you will notify dispatch if you're taking a lunch when you commonly waive it. I also was parked next to him and his tractor ran at idle for at least a half hour with no bumping of the pedal.

my tractor turns off in 3 mins, have to log lunch on line 1 which is wrong should be on line 4. and freight drivers pass us all the time..

Franklin, it's all over the place here! You do have to take lunch but as far as tractors go, I drive a different one every night I work. I had one the other night that ran 67mph, one before that 63mph. I always check with my GPS cause the speedo's are all off. I've had ones that shut down and others that don't, you never know what your gonna get here.

If you have a placard trailer, and your not parked in a designated secure placard load area, then you are required to park where your can see your equipment at all times. Hence you have to log it in as on duty not driving, and make a notation on your log placard load. TP

Franklin, it's all over the place here! You do have to take lunch but as far as tractors go, I drive a different one every night I work. I had one the other night that ran 67mph, one before that 63mph. I always check with my GPS cause the speedo's are all off. I've had ones that shut down and others that don't, you never know what your gonna get here.

I work for FXNL PHI s/c and we can take our lunch later than the 3-6 hour,but we have to sign a paper saying the driver and management agreed to it.The only tractors that dont shut off at our barn are the rentals.