Yellow | why????

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
can some of the guys that have been around for so long tell me why yellow can't move freight the why other freight companies or the regionals do?

can some of the guys that have been around for so long tell me why yellow can't move freight the why other freight companies or the regionals do?

They are to busy trying to beat the union and succeding at as well. It's a classic case of biting off your nose to spite your face. The only thing that matters to them is laying off people even if the freight sits for days or weeks.

YELLOW men can move frieght, but not without damaging it.yellow managers are big on bills per hour at all cost.they dont care what somebody is doing ,as long as thier running 4 bills an hour.managers are judged on this number and this number only.Until they start pushing qaulity , nothing is going to change.

TO really answer your question, the merger itself roadway /yellow was a disaster .they struggled to keep cost in check because of all the lost customers.WE were way over capacity {terminals,managers etc}the management cuts thier doing now should have been done last year.new penn didnt go through any of this.cant speak for Holland.thing have gotten a little better,the bottom line we have been moving the freight but a higher cost because of this.also new penn and Holland are more regional carriers, which is a more growing profitable freight, than long haul which has been shrinking for the last 15 years.when all is said and done if yrc survives yrc will be downsized another 30%

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess?

YELLOW men can move frieght, but not without damaging it.yellow managers are big on bills per hour at all cost.they dont care what somebody is doing ,as long as thier running 4 bills an hour.managers are judged on this number and this number only.Until they start pushing qaulity , nothing is going to change.

Roadway Huh?:17: