Yellow | Why

goofy0209

TB Lurker
Credits
Why if you moved to a yellow term. the rd op is being done the yellow way (hog board).but those who moved into roadway term. there doing it big r way(start times,start days)Shouldnt we b doing it one way.

Why if you moved to a yellow term. the rd op is being done the yellow way (hog board).but those who moved into roadway term. there doing it big r way(start times,start days)Shouldnt we b doing it one way.

Sorry goofy, wish I could tell you exactly why. I can't figure out why some of both barns locations have runs with start times & days, either, then you have the other option of the hog board, or if they don't have start times, some will have them later....Very confusing...Just trying to wait out the "honeymoon" period here, and then see who has what set. Good Luck!

good question why does a lot of the things i have seen the last two weeks happen? for a merger this size im really starting to think there wasnt as much thought put into this as we were told.

Im working at a yellow term. and they are using the hogboard.Came from a roadwy term were they used start times and you had certain days off.(seems like a more driver friendly way of doing it)Hog board only benefits the most senior guys doesnt share the wealth to everyone a hog board doesnt seem like its the union way

Im working at a yellow term. and they are using the hogboard.Came from a roadwy term were they used start times and you had certain days off.(seems like a more driver friendly way of doing it)Hog board only benefits the most senior guys doesnt share the wealth to everyone a hog board doesnt seem like its the union way
Ditto on the working to and from now, same here. Well it's definitely a 2-faced coin issue. And I can see and understand both sides to an extent. You have the senior guys working the "hog board" as it is aptly named, but also at one point they were also junior men, and had to wait their turn, sometimes you would think they also would understand the frustration of juniors as having been their themselves, but at senior level, they dealt with it, and waited it out until they became them senior guys, and feel that if it was good enough for them to wait, it's good enough for others also. And juniors are wanting to make enough to have their "bennies" paid and be able to afford to put gas in their cars to get to work, and put food on the table also.
But it is also nice to have the start days and times, so you can plan to take care of any personal business and or make arrangements to do things with you family, in that time frame. Rather than being stuck to the house waiting on a work call, but then, you can always pack your stuff in your vehicle, put your home phone on call forwarding, nowadays to your cell, unless your location will pay for long distance calls to call you into work(didn't have that luxury years ago), had to have an 800 number for work to call, and take both vehicles to wherever you were going, and if the call comes in leave from there(done that a few times). Hopefully, all the locations can get everything under one set of rules or the other, and not all the back and forth.

Its a simple answer, as your post states you moved into a terminal that has rules in place. YRC will change company policy to help rebuild to be profitable, but the union will not allow the company to change work rules.

please remember, the people at the top of a hogboard once were on the bottem. There was no share the wealth when they started. they went thru the same problems the junior man is going thru now.

Its a simple answer, as your post states you moved into a terminal that has rules in place. YRC will change company policy to help rebuild to be profitable, but the union will not allow the company to change work rules.

I thought they were still hammering out certain work rules still? I come from a multi-barns location. But I learn something new everyday, anymore<sigh>.

Goofy, a &quot;Hog Board&quot; is nothing more than a &quot;SENIORITY BOARD,&quot; when you get some, (SENORITY) you too can exercise it. I did, and so will YOU!!

And by the way my son works at YRC, he started out at Roadway (Still have both terminals operating) now he is working when & where he gets a call. 2.5 years seniority (Roadway / Yellow Terminal) He is fighting to hang on just like i did when i started. (Waiting for the Phone To Ring) Once you get to the Top, there is Also A BIGGER PROBLEM! Yes that's right a much bigger one, just look in the Mirror!! Nuff said!

good question why does a lot of the things i have seen the last two weeks happen? for a merger this size im really starting to think there wasnt as much thought put into this as we were told.

You hit about a bakers dozen nails on the head there.
I see very little forsight with this. We should of switched over to the old Roadway computer system weeks ago.
Start using the new YRC bill a few weeks ago that had the Yellow door and the RDWY number. Even if we scanned the special number at the bottom of the bill, it came up with a question mark. At least it it should of shown the Yellow people the shipment went to QNS, for example. And not a number we had to track down what door it went to.

That's exactly what we were told at our union meeting. They kept both terminals here: Yellow is the breakbulk, Roadway the P&D. They are keeping the same rules at each barn that they have always had...they won't change.