FedEx Freight | why

waffleman

TB Lurker
Credits
The MEM to CMH purchase arrived at 2025 monday as we are loading a purchase from CMH to MEM in 104 door. The same lane both ways? I don't undestand I need to make my gate

Why, silly goose, don't you know that PT is meant to give us flexibility and is a means to balance the lanes?
I mean surely it doesn't have anything to do with servicing the customer with on time, undamaged freight.
Never mind the fact that we are saving tons of money on hiring whiny ass, disengaged employees that cost a lot of money in wages and benefits. Whiny ass disengaged employees like me. Besides, think of all the free advertising those PT carriers get going down the road while our trailers sit in the yards.

That has been happening at CMH to FRE for some time now. Glad Fedex could be honest with it's employees.

[quote author=Waffleman link=topic=79607.msg824973#msg824973 date=1272329758]
The MEM to CMH purchase arrived at 2025 monday as we are loading a purchase from CMH to MEM in 104 door. The same lane both ways? I don't undestand I need to make my gate
[/quote]

I remember the day at AF when PT trailers had to have at least 34,000lbs on them before they left ....
Now I'm seeing them floored out with 15,000 to 20,000 lbs on them ..... now thats some bull loney
FELLOWSAYSBYGOLLY :rant:

I remember the first time we had to use PT at Viking. During the Teamster strike way back when. We were able to absorb the extra business with our extra board for quite awhile. At the point our tonnage doubled, we bent and used PT. And all these nasty looking trucks with even nastier looking drivers started showing up in our yards and our CB radios and antennas started going missing.