Holland | Wildcat Strike In Rock Island

Rock Island Holland workers walked off the job and most called off sick what's going on any updates?

Wow, a wildcat strike....

I think it was Red Star who last tried a wildcat strike...… From what I remember, it did not end well..

They had better think this one over again.....

I think it was Red Star who last tried a wildcat strike...… From what I remember, it did not end well..

You just have to keep pushing your anti union rhetoric. Why do you keep posting lies? You accuse me of being a troll for calling you out on your attacking unions. But in reality it's you that goes from thread to threat looking for any opportunity to spread your lies.

You know damn well that Red Star wasn't a wildcat strike. It was a failed 1 day strike called by the IBT organizing committee in an attempt to pressure USF Dugan into negotiating a contract with the Teamsters. Go ahead and blame Hoffa for the Red Star Strike. But don't lie and call it a wildcat just so you can troll into this thread.

Rock Island Holland workers walked off the job and most called off sick what's going on any updates?
I heard from a guy who heard from another guy who heard from another guy that the steward and assistant steward had a very heated meeting with TM and were fired and walked off property. I heard BA was on way to terminal has it happened or shortly after and the story I heard just said like the Friday before a holiday week, per usual, a lot of guys were off sick and such. No wildcat strike. That was all 3rd or 4th hand so it could be about as accurate as a CNN report!

I heard from a guy who heard from another guy who heard from another guy that the steward and assistant steward had a very heated meeting with TM and were fired and walked off property. I heard BA was on way to terminal has it happened or shortly after and the story I heard just said like the Friday before a holiday week, per usual, a lot of guys were off sick and such. No wildcat strike. That was all 3rd or 4th hand so it could be about as accurate as a CNN report!
I heard it was a stray cat walking on the dock.

This is a Puff Driver quote from way back in 2006 where he acknowledges that the Teamsters called the strike at Red Star. He knew when he posted today that it wasn't a walkout. He just lied as an excuse to get in this thread

Ok who called the strike at Red Star?????

You know the failed strike that caused 2,000 workers their jobs????

Who is the Teamsters authorized that strike in every Red Star barn????

What about the failed strike at Overnite a few years ago. The one that Hollywood helped their union buddy's with the film???

Face it it is over for the teamsters.. They are finished.

Being a union trucking company equals certain death.

He's been posting anti union lies since at
least 2006

The Red Star demise started with an Office Grievance.

Sounds like they terminated the Union Stewards (Holland/Rock Island) because they deemed their actions to be "a wildcat" strike and not sanctioned by the Union...they will get their jobs back.

Can anyone explain what caused the this to escalate?

B1Rd02s.jpg

When this Holland helicopter landed in the terminal lot, it started a sh!? storm.

The Red Star demise started with an Office Grievance.
That is what the union first used as an excuse. In reality it was an unsuccessful attempt to force USF to the negotiating table in an effort to organize USF Dugan. The union pulled us out on a Friday morning. The next day the union offered unconditionally to return us to work. USF said no and shut us down. Hoffa claimed to have been out of town on important union business and didn't know about the strike. The IBT Eastern regional freight director told me he was following orders from his boss who happened to be Tyson Johnson.

There were no further negotiations between the IBT and USF Dugan. USF had plans to sell to YRCW. YRCW already had a highly profitable Northeast carrier in New Penn. They didn't need Red Star. USF paid us under the WARN Act and paid it's withdrawal liability to our pension fund..............Red Star was an authorized strike and not a walkout. In my opinion Puff Driver should keep his union hating lies off of the union forums. What say you Puff?

B1Rd02s.jpg

When this Holland helicopter landed in the terminal lot, it started a sh!? storm.
Wow that looks like a pretty hard landing. Where is this pic from? That's a Sikorsky S58T
(As in turbine) helicopter. If memory serves it's a Midwest helicopter airways bird. They're based
In Downers Grove IL (southwest of Chicago just off I55. They work around the Midwest doing aerial
Crane work. Be interested to hear more about this

Wow that looks like a pretty hard landing. Where is this pic from? That's a Sikorsky S58T
(As in turbine) helicopter. If memory serves it's a Midwest helicopter airways bird. They're based
In Downers Grove IL (southwest of Chicago just off I55. They work around the Midwest doing aerial
Crane work. Be interested to hear more about this
I saw that install the sign at the harlem irving mall in norridge IL , man talk about making a scene

I saw that install the sign at the harlem irving mall in norridge IL , man talk about making a scene
Yup it did some air conditioner installs in my neck of the woods about an hour north of Chicago. I'm an airplane fanatic and I have to comment on anything aeronautical. The S58 is an early 60's military helo that served in air forces and navies all over the world ours included. Depending on the source it could haul 12 troops or anything that could fit inside or anything that could be sling loaded. It used a wright R 1820 radial engine of 1500 hp that swung the rotor blades through a ginourmous transmission. Civilian operators switched to a variety of turbine engines for reliability and there are quite a few still flying. A lot of you tube videos too.
Thread hijack is now over

Not just yet. Have you ever seen or heard about this. The NAEC in Lakehurst NJ was one of my peddle run stops. I used to watch them building this in hanger 5. Some of the workers joked that it would never get off the ground

Not just yet. Have you ever seen or heard about this. The NAEC in Lakehurst NJ was one of my peddle run stops. I used to watch them building this in hanger 5. Some of the workers joked that it would never get off the ground
Yup remember seeing that. It didn't get off the ground for long. Talk about a Rube Goldberg contraption. Can you imagine trying to line up investors for your aerial heavy lift company? "This will put the heavy crane companies out of business!" Now I have to call the insurance company, line up some quotes........
Piasecki did make some good helicopters the H-21 probably being the best of the lot. It was called the flying banana. Another early 60's military workhorse.

Last edited:
Yup it did some air conditioner installs in my neck of the woods about an hour north of Chicago. I'm an airplane fanatic and I have to comment on anything aeronautical. The S58 is an early 60's military helo that served in air forces and navies all over the world ours included. Depending on the source it could haul 12 troops or anything that could fit inside or anything that could be sling loaded. It used a wright R 1820 radial engine of 1500 hp that swung the rotor blades through a ginourmous transmission. Civilian operators switched to a variety of turbine engines for reliability and there are quite a few still flying. A lot of you tube videos too.

Tr0z0nt.jpg