Central Transport | Will CT be a key player in the LTL world in the future?

All tractors and all city peddles have been replaced with new equipment. As long as you tell someone that you need service you get get it. Central runs barebones but I am okay with that. Hell the drivers have received 7 dollars per hour increase over the past 2 years. Drivers start out at 27 per hour and top out at 30 per hour after 4 years. That very good. The people who chose to have everything done for them without saying anything can't talk. These are our assigned units so we know better what's happening then anyone. As far as the issues with the new trucks, yes they are all having them np matter what brand you purchase. ( thanks to the government and all there sensors). I am glad your happy but CT has definitly made huge improvements with several more to come.

Yeah yeah.... I’ve heard those BS lines before. Meanwhile, I watched my brand new rig get 0 maintenance over 2 years, while calling road service for problems repeatedly, reporting them to superiors, even calling higher ups in safety.

I ran on bald tires through an entire winter, because it was run it or stay home. I mean under 2/32 drives. They were throwing TRAILER TIRES on drive axels on the linehaul ran rigs.

Don’t even get me started on the trailers. But I do know they got some new ones FINALLY, about a month or so ago at my ol terminal.

Meanwhile, several of those new tractors are already WAY overdue for PM’s. They run direct to a hub with a full shop, yet can’t get serviced because the shop never has a thing.

I spent many years there. I still have friends there. That new equipment will be falling apart very soon, due to **** poor maintenance.

You may live in some Mecca of Central goodness, but rest assured, you’re in a rare place. And if you tell me it’s Milwaukee, I’m calling your bull ::shit:: right now. That place is a pit! Always has been, always will be. Hillside is even worse.

They repeat this same BS cycle every few years, and some of us were around to see it. Enjoy it while it lasts, it won’t last long.

And the only terminals paying that much are in large metro areas, and it’s because that was the ONLY way to get anyone in the door. They attract them with the dollar, and they leave long before they ever hit that top pay.

Sad part is, I was way over our top pay, and even taking a pay cut, I’m working similar hours and bringing home more money. Shoutout to getting paid REAL overtime.

And I’m far less beat to hell at th end of the day, because the equipment doesnt suck, and I’m not spending 2 hours or more on a POS forklift fighting busted dock plates.

All tractors and all city peddles have been replaced with new equipment. As long as you tell someone that you need service you get get it. Central runs barebones but I am okay with that. Hell the drivers have received 7 dollars per hour increase over the past 2 years. Drivers start out at 27 per hour and top out at 30 per hour after 4 years. That very good. The people who chose to have everything done for them without saying anything can't talk. These are our assigned units so we know better what's happening then anyone. As far as the issues with the new trucks, yes they are all having them np matter what brand you purchase. ( thanks to the government and all there sensors). I am glad your happy but CT has definitly made huge improvements with several more to come.

Must be nice a your location but at terminals in the northeast, they hate it there with a passion. Trailers still have wholes in the roof. I guess it all depends on location of where you live and work