SEFL | Will Southeastern ever pay overtime

This reasoning is why the unions should’ve pressed Obama and dem supermajority to make an ot law to create an equal playing field. Did this happen? Nope. Why not?

@LTLIndentured just a quick update I been driving for sefl for about 3 months now, overall is a good company but sometimes dispatch likes to run you raggedy especially when you go out with 16 deliveries at 10am and expect you to pick up 7 pick ups.

What I've learned so far is do what i can and not rush even though sometimes dispatch wants you to hurry up.

Overall im going to stay here unless i get an offer from somewhere else.

@LTLIndentured just a quick update I been driving for sefl for about 3 months now, overall is a good company but sometimes dispatch likes to run you raggedy especially when you go out with 16 deliveries at 10am and expect you to pick up 7 pick ups.

What I've learned so far is do what i can and not rush even though sometimes dispatch wants you to hurry up.

If its not the same route everyday you gots it ruff

I was running wild at the beginning but dispatch really wants me to get a route which i did.

I much rather be wild driver but definitely dont mind the route i have.

I was running wild at the beginning but dispatch really wants me to get a route which i did.

I much rather be wild driver but definitely dont mind the route i have.
Many years ago i was filling in at different accounts for drivers sick or on vacation and man these people were brutal they would say joe does this route in 6 hours and you take 9 and i would say joe worked here 10 years and i been here one day

Man i agree with you sometimes these folks wants you to hurry up but Ive already told them i don't rush as thats how accidents happens.

I gave them a simple solution if they dont like how i work i just quit and go find employment somewhere else as i wont jeopardize my license.

Plus sefl cant really retain drivers as they want to run you raggedy, thats why i do what i can.

You have it figured out. Dispatch/supervisor will always push you to go faster. Don’t listen to their garbage because if you do and have an accident they will deny telling you to hurry up and it’s all your fault. They do the same thing you described all over the company. I see it this way: if the company really wanted all those pickups made then they would hire more people. I go at one speed. Not slow, not fast, just constant. One reason they put so many pickups on us is because of the final mile trucks that aren’t designed to pickup freight. Sefl uses them instead of a rig to run routes and that limits the available people to pickup after deliveries are off. Puts us at a competitive disadvantage

Man i agree with you sometimes these folks wants you to hurry up but Ive already told them i don't rush as thats how accidents happens.

I gave them a simple solution if they dont like how i work i just quit and go find employment somewhere else as i wont jeopardize my license.

Plus sefl cant really retain drivers as they want to run you raggedy, thats why i do what i can.
They will leave you alone. Word is out in ltl world where I’m at. Ask any driver of a competitor if they would leave where they are to come here. Universal no, except for Central and xpo drivers. I’ve had them ask me if sefl was hiring, which tells you how ugly it must be there.
Reason we can’t get ltl drivers to come here? Guys I ask say that sefl puts too many stops on us and they want no part of that. It’s not pay or bennies it’s the culture. It used to be that our culture was what made us a desirable employer. Those days are long gone thanks to the college grads that push numbers over customers.
This driver got it all done today and we didn’t think anyone could so let’s load more in him tomorrow. Never mind that driver had to call in favors from customers and run his fuzzy end off dangerously to make it happen. This is why I don’t go fast or slow regardless of the workload. Get more done and they will give you more to do while the laziest driver at your terminal brings back two of the 8 stops he left with

They will leave you alone. Word is out in ltl world where I’m at. Ask any driver of a competitor if they would leave where they are to come here. Universal no, except for Central and xpo drivers. I’ve had them ask me if sefl was hiring, which tells you how ugly it must be there.
Reason we can’t get ltl drivers to come here? Guys I ask say that sefl puts too many stops on us and they want no part of that. It’s not pay or bennies it’s the culture. It used to be that our culture was what made us a desirable employer. Those days are long gone thanks to the college grads that push numbers over customers.
This driver got it all done today and we didn’t think anyone could so let’s load more in him tomorrow. Never mind that driver had to call in favors from customers and run his fuzzy end off dangerously to make it happen. This is why I don’t go fast or slow regardless of the workload. Get more done and they will give you more to do while the laziest driver at your terminal brings back two of the 8 stops he left with
I concur with everything you wrote, dont give me wrong sefl is not a bad place its those college grads that dont know squat jack and wants to push their ideals and it simply dont work.

Thats why my attitude towards the deliveries and pick ups its whatever i can do and if not bring it back, i learned early in my ltl career that folks that get stuff done usually get more workload therefore i do what i can.

I concur with everything you wrote, dont give me wrong sefl is not a bad place its those college grads that dont know squat jack and wants to push their ideals and it simply dont work.

Thats why my attitude towards the deliveries and pick ups its whatever i can do and if not bring it back, i learned early in my ltl career that folks that get stuff done usually get more workload therefore i do what i can.
Remember when you have a stack of speeding and red light running ticket and suspended licence and no job that person rushing you is still sitting there collecting paychecks , same goes for snowstorms the dispatch pressures drivers to run and at the same time tells the driver your on your own buddy

Don't let that dispatcher drive your truck! Deliveries is the only thing you need to worry about, the pickups is the dispatchers problem. City dispatchers will always try to get just a little more out of you. Don't fall for that trap. Working hard will only get you more work. Man, I wish I learned that when I first started here.