SEFL | Will Southeastern ever pay overtime

You guys in this overtime mess let’s figure some numbers here just ball park figures of course and exclude UPS so the YRCW organization paying top pay at 21$ a hour * by 40 is 840$ add 20 hours of OT at 31.50 for 20 hours is 630$ add those together you get 1470$ now a ball park figure of say southeastern Fedex r&l Estes saia just to name a few at 28$ a hour again ball park figure at 60 hour work week is 1680$ For a 210$ a week difference now that being said a guy at Yrcw can only work 60 hours a week by union rules and no offense driving a POS down the road now over at ABF them guys don’t see much OT but some do at locations so just think about these numbers broke down it’s a simple thought
That’s a lot of words to try and work around the FACT that we are underpaid vs competition. OD, FX, Upsf, Estes, Saia ABF all are compensated more than us. I know, I know, if you don’t like it then leave. Nope. I say change this place for the better instead

That’s a lot of words to try and work around the FACT that we are underpaid vs competition. OD, FX, Upsf, Estes, Saia ABF all are compensated more than us. I know, I know, if you don’t like it then leave. Nope. I say change this place for the better instead
How you figure you are underpaid

Its 2020 has anything change as far as pay. Im about to join southeastern as a city P&D but comparing the pay here in my area to where I was at OD its not much of a difference.

No bonuses here. No OT ever and lower pay per hour and per mile vs OD
Im thinking it might depending the area, here where im at southeastern pays pretty decent compare to the other ltl carriers.

ODFL current pay is $29.85
Southeastern $29.25
Estes if im not mistaken is $26.70
Averitt $28.50

@LTLIndentured I concur with your statement in regards to OD, its a pretty good company but they will laid off in a heartbeat to care for their investors. I got laid off twice and at this point im looking for stability.

@LTLIndentured I concur with your statement in regards to OD, its a pretty good company but they will laid off in a heartbeat to care for their investors. I got laid off twice and at this point im looking for stability.
You will not have to worry over a lay-off at sefl. You will need to arrange your finances to handle extended 3 and 4 day work weeks however

You will not have to worry over a lay-off at sefl. You will need to arrange your finances to handle extended 3 and 4 day work weeks however
It cant be as bad as Estes :distrust:, while I was there I would work 3 to 4 days a week
ESTES is $29.80 in East Tennessee. OT after 50 hrs. Line haul is .72 per mile across the board. No lay off in sight.
yall getting OT after 50hrs I thought it was after 52 hours, when I was employed at Estes the most hours I would work was the minimum of 16 hrs up to 39 hrs a week, mind you the tm was cutting hours to everyone to look out for his bonus. At the end a driver reported him to the work commission and after everything being said and done we were given just 39 hrs every week, his excuse was hes saving a ton of money to estes.

I think Estes is a pretty decent company besides all the crap the tm was putting the drivers through. I just simply dont understand why would Mr. Rob keep this particular tm at the terminal.

sincerely the only folks making money at the terminal where I worked is xtraboard drivers, teams and linehaul. City P&D they let you starve. Again every terminal is different this was just my experience.

It cant be as bad as Estes :distrust:, while I was there I would work 3 to 4 days a week
ESTES is $29.80 in East Tennessee. OT after 50 hrs. Line haul is .72 per mile across the board. No lay off in sight.
yall getting OT after 50hrs I thought it was after 52 hours, when I was employed at Estes the most hours I would work was the minimum of 16 hrs up to 39 hrs a week, mind you the tm was cutting hours to everyone to look out for his bonus. At the end a driver reported him to the work commission and after everything being said and done we were given just 39 hrs every week, his excuse was hes saving a ton of money to estes.

I think Estes is a pretty decent company besides all the crap the tm was putting the drivers through. I just simply dont understand why would Mr. Rob keep this particular tm at the terminal.

sincerely the only folks making money at the terminal where I worked is xtraboard drivers, teams and linehaul. City P&D they let you starve. Again every terminal is different this was just my experience.

OT after 50 is rule. Yes, every terminal is ran like a franchise for the most part but things have been normalized for most part. I am extra board and make very good $$ working 4.5/5 days per week. City drivers not doing too bad either. I worked as inbound supervisor for 1.5 years and seen several changes come down from Richmond. Most drivers are pleased but you cannot please everyone.

OT after 50 is rule. Yes, every terminal is ran like a franchise for the most part but things have been normalized for most part. I am extra board and make very good $$ working 4.5/5 days per week. City drivers not doing too bad either. I worked as inbound supervisor for 1.5 years and seen several changes come down from Richmond. Most drivers are pleased but you cannot please everyone.

Thats good to know, im glad to see Estes is finally making changes; hopefully they can get rid of those old internationals and old pallet jacks and buy new trailers.