TForce | Will You Strike?

your non union brothers who support your work efforts at TFORCE don't have the gold plated benefit package you do. Market forces will dictate the package you secure moving forward. The shipping public has a strong memory of what happened during negotiations last time. You get militant and threaten a strike, the outcome will likely be way worse than what you have right now.
Are you talking to yourself again?

not at all. I just enjoy how clueless you teamsters are regarding your future in the trucking business. YRC is going down, they'll be gone within the next five years. The pension funds were bailed out recently by the dumbocrats but they won't be again. We'll stay in touch as the negotiations draw closer and closer. Your militant leader is the wrong guy at the wrong time.
Maybe your clueless Arse should go find some other forum to spread your worthless "knowledge"
Again, if you have another side of a debate, you can do it without insults.

Most truck drivers have no idea what Teamsters is or who they represent. The other drivers came from teamsters and hate it. Everyone that has skin in the game knows this. Companies are no longer scared of Teamsters. Unions are only good for getting out the vote. Votes for candidate's that most truckers hate.
How do you come up with this crap? You're delusional claiming truck drivers don't know who Teamsters are, especially in this digital age we're in. Get a grip.

Companies are absolutely scared of being organized by Teamsters. That's precisely why they treat they drivers as well as they do. Ask yourself why they go to such great lengths to keep Teamsters out if they aren't afraid of them. Put the comic books down and get into the real world.

not at all. I just enjoy how clueless you teamsters are regarding your future in the trucking business. YRC is going down, they'll be gone within the next five years. The pension funds were bailed out recently by the dumbocrats but they won't be again. We'll stay in touch as the negotiations draw closer and closer. Your militant leader is the wrong guy at the wrong time.
So you're dont work here you don't like unions yet you'll gladly ride on our tail coats enjoying your higher wages and better benefits. Sounds like a typical bottom feeding scab. We're all well aware of the perils that YRC faces and the fact that the government never should've allowed them to gobble up other LTL companies never mind the idiot bankers who lent them the money. As for the bail out... I despise Democrat's but Trump bailed out YRC before Biden.

So you're dont work here you don't like unions yet you'll gladly ride on our tail coats enjoying your higher wages and better benefits. Sounds like a typical bottom feeding scab. We're all well aware of the perils that YRC faces and the fact that the government never should've allowed them to gobble up other LTL companies never mind the idiot bankers who lent them the money. As for the bail out... I despise Democrat's but Trump bailed out YRC before Biden.
The majority of these drivers have no idea why they enjoy the salaries and benefits they have today.

Yrc has been failing since 2008, some how they are still rolling.
Once the contract is is the bag, you will never post on this forum again.

Well, that depends on how much you contribute into it and if there is a employer match. I started my 401k when Overnite offered it back around 1990. I spent 30 years with the company Overnite/UPSF although I did not retire at 59 years old with the projected one million dollar portfolio I did retire with $600,000 and a nice company pension. If you want to retire with the same standard of living you had while you were working you will need to be debt free and have a 401k on top of your company pension. (I did lose $60,000 since Biden took office)
Actually the market is higher today then it was when biden took office.

Are we looking at a top rate of 33-35 an hour in the new contract this summer?

Our barn has been offering 50k for guys to retire if you have lots of time in. Has anyone heard about this?

Are we looking at a top rate of 33-35 an hour in the new contract this summer?

Our barn has been offering 50k for guys to retire if you have lots of time in. Has anyone heard about this?
Just heard it today from someone very close to retirement. He said they are offering $50,000 buyouts. My bigger question is why?

The non unions are way ahead, yes including benefits. Don’t be brainwashed.
Not a chance. Union healthcare benefits are far and away superior to any coverage provided by other carriers.
Just the max yearly out of pocket is worth the $75 a month most pay.
I have a type 1 diabetic on my plan, just the $7000 insulin pump only cost me $200, or so. That is 8 years, "give or take," of my dues.
Not the only reason to be grateful to the Union, but a good one.........

The only reason non-union companies pay what they do is to keep Union from being voted in. So how can you make a statement like you did? Are you kidding?
Non union carriers pay their employees benefit packages that the market requires. Union LTL carriers ( ABF, TForce and Yellow) make up about 17% of total LTL revenues and the % is dropping dramatically as Yellow and TForce bleed market share. You think rather highly of your relevance in the LTL market, you're a legend in your own mind as Clint once said. Bedard is going to be pushing for a merger between TForce and ABF, he might make that happen but it won't work long term. The boneyard of union LTL carriers is massive, it will only get bigger as Yellow implodes. TForce shed 400 million dollars in revenue in 2022, that was 18% of their business that went "poof". 600 folks got fired last friday. You cannot cut your way to profitability, does not work. I was part of a couple union mergers in the past, they both failed. ABF would be wise to run and hide from Bedard as he comes calling, roses in hand.

Non union carriers pay their employees benefit packages that the market requires. Union LTL carriers ( ABF, TForce and Yellow) make up about 17% of total LTL revenues and the % is dropping dramatically as Yellow and TForce bleed market share. You think rather highly of your relevance in the LTL market, you're a legend in your own mind as Clint once said. Bedard is going to be pushing for a merger between TForce and ABF, he might make that happen but it won't work long term. The boneyard of union LTL carriers is massive, it will only get bigger as Yellow implodes. TForce shed 400 million dollars in revenue in 2022, that was 18% of their business that went "poof". 600 folks got fired last friday. You cannot cut your way to profitability, does not work. I was part of a couple union mergers in the past, they both failed. ABF would be wise to run and hide from Bedard as he comes calling, roses in hand.
I would correct your initial statement by stating it this way...
Non-union carriers pay their employees the lowest benefit packages that they will accept and just enough to keep those employees from seeking union representation.

Tforce dumped the ups unprofitable freight . Those shippers will have to pay someone, and the price oriented shippers, always jump from carrier to carrier .
Yrc has been going under since 2008, yet they are still running . This is the longest implosion in business history .