TForce | Will You Strike?

Tforce dumped the ups unprofitable freight . Those shippers will have to pay someone, and the price oriented shippers, always jump from carrier to carrier .
Yrc has been going under since 2008, yet they are still running . This is the longest implosion in business history .
Remember Trump bailed them out they were +-60 days from closing. That loan is due next year. Then Biden comes along here hold my beer and bails out the CSPF. When they close the doors is anyone's guess.

Union carriers no longer set any standard for base pay and haven't for many years. Union carrier revenue of the total LTL market continues to shrink as both Yellow and TForce are shedding market share whether purposely ( as they state) or because customers are tired of their lousy service and freight handling. ABF has differentiated themselves by becoming the best freight handler in the country and their revenues have krept up just a bit the past few years.
The reason why tforce freight service is so bad isn't the fault of the rank and file...it's upper management that plays a number game, if you speak to any city driver they will tell you how the tms are told how many city drivers they can use by how many outbound bills will be on the street that day.. that terminal can have 100 missed pick ups from the day before...the tm can't use anymore drivers than what the rdo tells them they can use

reasonable changes to work rules will be required. Union workers will also need to get their medical / healthcare costs in line with their non union brethren. The teamsters really don't have any leverage at this point in time in the LTL job market and they know it.
So because you have high price healthcare with high price prescription co-pay and sub par standard coverage my union brothers and sisters should have the same as you?? I don't think so and this is why we negotiate our coverage as part of our collective bargain agreement

The reason why tforce freight service is so bad isn't the fault of the rank and file...it's upper management that plays a number game, if you speak to any city driver they will tell you how the tms are told how many city drivers they can use by how many outbound bills will be on the street that day.. that terminal can have 100 missed pick ups from the day before...the tm can't use anymore drivers than what the rdo tells them they can use
I agree that most of the blame for what is taking place falls on inept management. With that said, they are dealing with a cost structure and union work rules that make it very costly to do business in the LTL arena. TForce's competitors are not hamstrung by these costly work rules. So the union clearly does share in the blame for what is happening. Hopefully you guys will negotiate a package that will allow TForce to stay in business. Right now they are shedding revenues at a rate that cannot be sustained and having to dump talent that cannot and will not be replaced.600 operators and sales reps were fired last friday. That comes after the firing of 150 sales reps 1.5 years ago. My wife works for a company ( Danaher--revenues of 32 billion dollars a year) that just stopped using TForce for 2023 because of the upcoming contract negotiations this summer. They don't want to have happen , what happened back in 18 ( or was it 19) when TForce stopped making pickups for 3-5 days based on transit destinations.

I would correct your initial statement by stating it this way...
Non-union carriers pay their employees the lowest benefit packages that they will accept…
Same at union carriers. Offer the minimum, increase minutely til they sign. The Teamsters created good trucking jobs, today’s market allows it sans representation.

I agree that most of the blame for what is taking place falls on inept management. With that said, they are dealing with a cost structure and union work rules that make it very costly to do business in the LTL arena. TForce's competitors are not hamstrung by these costly work rules. So the union clearly does share in the blame for what is happening. Hopefully you guys will negotiate a package that will allow TForce to stay in business. Right now they are shedding revenues at a rate that cannot be sustained and having to dump talent that cannot and will not be replaced.600 operators and sales reps were fired last friday. That comes after the firing of 150 sales reps 1.5 years ago. My wife works for a company ( Danaher--revenues of 32 billion dollars a year) that just stopped using TForce for 2023 because of the upcoming contract negotiations this summer. They don't want to have happen , what happened back in 18 ( or was it 19) when TForce stopped making pickups for 3-5 days based on transit destinations.
Tfi did what they said they were going to do . Dump the dead weight of unprofitable shippers . The place is running normally otherwise.

not at all. I just enjoy how clueless you teamsters are regarding your future in the trucking business. YRC is going down, they'll be gone within the next five years. The pension funds were bailed out recently by the dumbocrats but they won't be again. We'll stay in touch as the negotiations draw closer and closer. Your militant leader is the wrong guy at the wrong time.
The union gave up on Yellow many contracts ago. The Teamsters Union is going to whatever it takes and keep dues money flowing in. If that means no new money and more concessions, that is what you will get. I have written many times that Yellow is out of business in 2024. Now, I'm not sure they last that long.

How do you come up with this crap? You're delusional claiming truck drivers don't know who Teamsters are, especially in this digital age we're in. Get a grip.

Companies are absolutely scared of being organized by Teamsters. That's precisely why they treat they drivers as well as they do. Ask yourself why they go to such great lengths to keep Teamsters out if they aren't afraid of them. Put the comic books down and get into the real world.
Tri, agree with you 100%, will/should be interesting what the conditions will be at non-union carriers when no union carriers are left

Non union carriers pay their employees benefit packages that the market requires. Union LTL carriers ( ABF, TForce and Yellow) make up about 17% of total LTL revenues and the % is dropping dramatically as Yellow and TForce bleed market share. You think rather highly of your relevance in the LTL market, you're a legend in your own mind as Clint once said. Bedard is going to be pushing for a merger between TForce and ABF, he might make that happen but it won't work long term. The boneyard of union LTL carriers is massive, it will only get bigger as Yellow implodes. TForce shed 400 million dollars in revenue in 2022, that was 18% of their business that went "poof". 600 folks got fired last friday. You cannot cut your way to profitability, does not work. I was part of a couple union mergers in the past, they both failed. ABF would be wise to run and hide from Bedard as he comes calling, roses in hand.
You are obviously still snooping around with whatever contacts you have at T Force... Most of that number fired you mentioned were sups and whats left of the sales force. But my question is what do you care? You were out of here and not looking back... remember.

What if the company canceled the pension but matched the 401k 8% or more?
T
What if the company canceled the pension but matched the 401k 8% or more?
they probably would offer you an 8% match for you to vote out of the pension but I guarantee you it will only be for the one contract. After that you have no bargaining power and they’ll drop it down to a .50 match on every dollar you contribute up to 3% if you’re lucky.

Thoughts.. Everyone needs to understand TFI goes not have the finances that UPS had. They manage every penny. We all saw they waste. I was forced to the city and I enjoy it what I don't enjoy is these constantly complaining fellow drivers who can't get in here or there.. If they were paid per DEL I guarantee you would make the DEL..

Thoughts.. Everyone needs to understand TFI goes not have the finances that UPS had. They manage every penny. We all saw they waste. I was forced to the city and I enjoy it what I don't enjoy is these constantly complaining fellow drivers who can't get in here or there.. If they were paid per DEL I guarantee you would make the DEL..
You're correct TFI doesn't have the cash UPS has but then again while we were owned by UPS we continued to shoot ourselves in the foot. We kept going backwards on pay especially the road drivers. We also went backwards on the pension. Now the non-union companies are paying significantly more. While our benefits and pensions are far superior our pay is sadly lacking. The reason for the poor attitudes is a number of reasons 1 is for over a decade the p&d drivers were forced to leave freight so they began to care as much as management and road drivers were dispatched as if Helen Keller was throwing darts at a map. Sadly most of the buffoons that created this problem are still in postions of authority and still have the same pi$$ poor attitude.

You are obviously still snooping around with whatever contacts you have at T Force... Most of that number fired you mentioned were sups and whats left of the sales force. But my question is what do you care? You were out of here and not looking back... remember.
still have plenty of friends who work there, so still have an interest. After 40 years in the trucking business, it is hard to just walk away. I'm looking forward to the contract negotiations, would be fun to be a fly on the wall.

still have plenty of friends who work there, so still have an interest. After 40 years in the trucking business, it is hard to just walk away. I'm looking forward to the contract negotiations, would be fun to be a fly on the wall.
We all know what you're looking forward to... Anyway, you mentioned in a earlier post that a company your Wife works for wont use T Force because of the upcoming contract negotiations. And then you went on to bring up the 2018 dock clearing. That was all Carrol Tome clearing the system as a scare tactic for us to take the Last, Best and Final offer.

So if companies are dropping us because of the 2018 clearing, thats on Tome and UPS. Not us and the Union.

We need a sticker with Tome's face saying "I did this"

We all know what you're looking forward to... Anyway, you mentioned in a earlier post that a company your Wife works for wont use T Force because of the upcoming contract negotiations. And then you went on to bring up the 2018 dock clearing. That was all Carrol Tome clearing the system as a scare tactic for us to take the Last, Best and Final offer.

So if companies are dropping us because of the 2018 clearing, thats on Tome and UPS. Not us and the Union.

We need a sticker with Tome's face saying "I did this"
Tome was not the UPS ceo in 2018. This was a UPS Freight decision. The buying public need not worry about having their freight tied up in a carriers network with non union LTL carriers. As spring / summer approaches ( negotiations get heated up) and freight volumes historically increase, you're going to see more customers shed TForce as a carrier as a defensive measure. Actions have consequences.

Tome was not the UPS ceo in 2018. This was a UPS Freight decision. The buying public need not worry about having their freight tied up in a carriers network with non union LTL carriers. As spring / summer approaches ( negotiations get heated up) and freight volumes historically increase, you're going to see more customers shed TForce as a carrier as a defensive measure. Actions have consequences.
You're correct and if we can't get a good and fair contract it may be time to shut it down. No need to beg for scraps no more sacrifice either compensate the workers or close the doors.

She didn't need to be the CEO, she has been on the Board of Directors Since before UPS Freight was started and was against it from the beginning. UPS considered her an influencer, in UPS' own words, and knew what she was going to do when she succeeded Abney. We know now that UPS Freight was never in charge, and Package was making the decisions. Do you think UPS Freight made the decision to take losses on freight side to bump UPS Parcels? Do you think UPS Freight was negotiating contracts with the Union Without UPS? WE all know where the decisions were coming from...

Look, they gave up in '14, needed to shed freight and were looking for a reason and someone to do it. Its done. Blame the Union and Bargaining Unit employees all you want.

I bet the supervisors wish they had representation right now...