TForce | Will You Strike?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but they would have to buy out of the funds....UPS might have the money to do that but I dont know about T Force...
TFI is only liable for the accrued cost of the pension from the day they assumed ownership.
You will get a deposit from UPs and one from TFI.
The pension will be a topic of negotiation, as will all other aspects of the pay and benefits as they are now. IMHO the pension will be relatively unchanged, but our healthcare will be the center of discussion, with work rules as to classifications an area they will want to expand.
Be smart, put some money away each week, get all your medical care you can before Aug. 1st.
The city and part-timers are going to decide this contract, divide and conquer.

A: yes been saving for 5 years B: why do people think its a good idea to give the company ideas on how to screw us? I've heard so many off the wall ideas and rumors its not even funny. This maybe the teamsters last shot to get it right. I would strongly suggest they fight like hell, start calling your BA's and getting in their a$$ about what you expect in this contract

Every contract only needs 50% +1 vote to pass.
Just to let you know, there are no part timers left, they have all been let go. 25% of the local cartage is on layoff. When tfi said they were gonna dump the non profitable freight they did. They are shrinking the footprint, but increasing profits.

TFI is only liable for the accrued cost of the pension from the day they assumed ownership.
You will get a deposit from UPs and one from TFI.
The pension will be a topic of negotiation, as will all other aspects of the pay and benefits as they are now. IMHO the pension will be relatively unchanged, but our healthcare will be the center of discussion, with work rules as to classifications an area they will want to expand.
Be smart, put some money away each week, get all your medical care you can before Aug. 1st.
The city and part-timers are going to decide this contract, divide and conquer.
reasonable changes to work rules will be required. Union workers will also need to get their medical / healthcare costs in line with their non union brethren. The teamsters really don't have any leverage at this point in time in the LTL job market and they know it.

reasonable changes to work rules will be required. Union workers will also need to get their medical / healthcare costs in line with their non union brethren. The teamsters really don't have any leverage at this point in time in the LTL job market and they know it.
So what you’re saying is you are anti union? And we should just have high cost medical like nonunion carriers? Thanks for your positive feedback!

So what you’re saying is you are anti union? And we should just have high cost medical like nonunion carriers? Thanks for your positive feedback!
I would lean to being anti union based on modern ( 1960's and later) times. Unions served a function decades ago, now they just create a toxic atmosphere between mgmt and workers. They also protect slackers while not properly being able to reward top workers and producers. This upcoming contract is about fairness and what the company can afford to pay. TFI doesn't have the deep pockets UPS did. How is it fair that union workers at TFORCE Freight have gold plated benefits and pensions while non union workers don't? Do you "deserve" better than others, if so why? You'd better be ready to concede on healthcare and work rules because that will be your only option. A strike is not an option and your leaders rightly know that.

I would lean to being anti union based on modern ( 1960's and later) times. Unions served a function decades ago, now they just create a toxic atmosphere between mgmt and workers. They also protect slackers while not properly being able to reward top workers and producers. This upcoming contract is about fairness and what the company can afford to pay. TFI doesn't have the deep pockets UPS did. How is it fair that union workers at TFORCE Freight have gold plated benefits and pensions while non union workers don't? Do you "deserve" better than others, if so why? You'd better be ready to concede on healthcare and work rules because that will be your only option. A strike is not an option and your leaders rightly know that.
Somebody has got to set a standard. The only reason non-Unions are making the pay and benefits they are because of the Union people. To be competitive in the hiring market demands it.

Somebody has got to set a standard. The only reason non-Unions are making the pay and benefits they are because of the Union people. To be competitive in the hiring market demands it.
Union carriers no longer set any standard for base pay and haven't for many years. Union carrier revenue of the total LTL market continues to shrink as both Yellow and TForce are shedding market share whether purposely ( as they state) or because customers are tired of their lousy service and freight handling. ABF has differentiated themselves by becoming the best freight handler in the country and their revenues have krept up just a bit the past few years.

We have those benefits because we are union! I deserve better because I took the union job! Also I don’t worry about other employees being slackers! This will be a decision for T-force.. they want to invest in their employees or do they want to burn this to the ground!

Union carriers no longer set any standard for base pay and haven't for many years. Union carrier revenue of the total LTL market continues to shrink as both Yellow and TForce are shedding market share whether purposely ( as they state) or because customers are tired of their lousy service and freight handling. ABF has differentiated themselves by becoming the best freight handler in the country and their revenues have krept up just a bit the past few years.

"Pay" alone is not the only part of a worker's total compensation. When "total compensation" (pay plus benefits) is examined, Teamster companies have always been ahead of non-union. Yellow in more recent years might be the exception to that.

So what you're saying is that you are willing to pay more for your H&W benefits, accept lower wages and sub par working conditions? Do you work here? It has nothing to do with what the company wants if left to companies we'd all be making 35cpm and $15 an hour. We like them have to look out for what's in our best interest unlike the company we should also be willing to look out for our brothers and sisters to ensure their best interest are represented. We like them attempt to negotiate a fair and equitable contract. In the event the company is unwilling to do so we will strike as a last resort. Neither side wants this to happen but this is the advantage of being a union member we as a collective have rights.

Exactly what is needed here....advice from a non union management type, who thinks that a contract is about being fair and getting only what the company tells you it can afford.....LMFAO.....you know the company wouldn't fabricate a story to get something passed....like YRC is going to buy you....never has happened before with the honest choir boys (and girls) who run big corporations....

Most truck drivers have no idea what Teamsters is or who they represent. The other drivers came from teamsters and hate it. Everyone that has skin in the game knows this. Companies are no longer scared of Teamsters. Unions are only good for getting out the vote. Votes for candidate's that most truckers hate.