TForce | Will You Strike?

Most truck drivers have no idea what Teamsters is or who they represent. The other drivers came from teamsters and hate it. Everyone that has skin in the game knows this. Companies are no longer scared of Teamsters. Unions are only good for getting out the vote. Votes for candidate's that most truckers hate.
If companies aren't worried about the Teamsters then why do they fight so hard to keep them out? Who is everyone who has skin in the game? I know of no one who votes against what they believe because the union told them to do it...you sound like a real smart guy with all these generalizations...

It's not 1982.
Your views are no longer relevant in this time.

Union carriers don't set $hit for standards.
Learn to respect your elders! That old goat has forgotten more about trucking than most of us can hope to learn. If not for our older drivers we'd be lost. They not only teach those of us with 30+ years but those with no experience. Most gladly offer free advice but the stories they can tell about the time when a truck driver was respected for the job they did. So maybe you could learn a thing or 2.

Everyone just need to chill out. Ask yourself why ups went from a company healthcare to teamcare?
Tfi is a Canadian company, Canada has government healthcare. The USA is private, so there is that

It's not 1982.
Your views are no longer relevant in this time.

Union carriers don't set $hit for standards.
exactly! Does anyone think FedEx Freight, Old Dominion, Estes, R&L, SAIA, Dayton, PittOhio, AAACooper, Southeastern Motor Freight, Averitt and others are afraid of TForce, Yellow and ABF? Union LTL carrier's revenue is tanking while non union are thriving. TForce is in a state or reduction mode, closing end of line small barns across the entire US marketplace. TForce Freight teamsters will be in a no win bargaining position as the market continues to shrink because of Biden's recession. A bad economy could not have come at a worse time for the teamsters.

Matching 401-K is better than a company pension that you have no control over !:6788:
the dumbocrats just last year bailed out the failing Central States Pension Fund but I wouldn't count on that in the future.. What the TForce teamster might not realize is they will no longer be in the UPS owned pension fund anymore. Their already earned monies still are but not the new money going in right now and in the future.

exactly! Does anyone think FedEx Freight, Old Dominion, Estes, R&L, SAIA, Dayton, PittOhio, AAACooper, Southeastern Motor Freight, Averitt and others are afraid of TForce, Yellow and ABF? Union LTL carrier's revenue is tanking while non union are thriving. TForce is in a state or reduction mode, closing end of line small barns across the entire US marketplace. TForce Freight teamsters will be in a no win bargaining position as the market continues to shrink because of Biden's recession. A bad economy could not have come at a worse time for the teamsters.
The non-union companies you mention are not afraid of TForce, Yellow, or ABF. They are afraid of having their workforce unionized, whether by Teamsters or any other union. Those companies now have free reign over their employees simply because they are not organized. While it's true they are paying well, exactly how much of that benevolence is because of their fear of having their workers organize? Bad mouth the Teamsters all you want but the reality is that the fact that the Teamsters are still around is the major reason the nons are so "generous".

Most truck drivers have no idea what Teamsters is or who they represent. The other drivers came from teamsters and hate it. Everyone that has skin in the game knows this. Companies are no longer scared of Teamsters. Unions are only good for getting out the vote. Votes for candidate's that most truckers hate.
You couldn't be more wrong. The non-union companies are absolutely afraid of having the workforce go union, whether Teamster or any other union. They go to great lengths to convince their workers to avoid unionization. Why exactly do you think they do that if they weren't afraid? Actions speak louder than words.

Learn to respect your elders! That old goat has forgotten more about trucking than most of us can hope to learn. If not for our older drivers we'd be lost. They not only teach those of us with 30+ years but those with no experience. Most gladly offer free advice but the stories they can tell about the time when a truck driver was respected for the job they did. So maybe you could learn a thing or 2.
I was not going to respond to that fool, but Brother TP said it for me. Old Goat does pretty much nail down what I am at this stage of life, but I earned the title. 45 years in the business I have seen it all, there is good and bad in all aspects of the LTL industry, but you can take it to the bank that if it wasn't for the Union and the fear of the Union by the carriers', wages and benefits would not be where they are.
Thank a Teamster!!!!!!

This isn't some class warfare struggle, it is a 5 year labor agreement.
True, who could have predicted the economic rollercoaster of the last two years. TFI road drivers got 2.5 cpm over 5 years. 3 years would work. Going to be interesting.

Well from my experience of being nonunion with Overnite and then Teamsters after UPS bought us. I used to be a Steward also. Most of the biggest anti union guys were the quickest to file a grievance lol. Non-union saying nons pay more forget to mention how much they pay for medical and that their 401k will never make up a defined pension plan. I’m not bad mouthing nons as I have plenty of friends that work for them but it’s just facts!

The non-union companies you mention are not afraid of TForce, Yellow, or ABF. They are afraid of having their workforce unionized, whether by Teamsters or any other union. Those companies now have free reign over their employees simply because they are not organized. While it's true they are paying well, exactly how much of that benevolence is because of their fear of having their workers organize? Bad mouth the Teamsters all you want but the reality is that the fact that the Teamsters are still around is the major reason the nons are so "generous".
Very well stated!
One of the better answers I've seen on this subject.

What if the company canceled the pension but matched the 401k 8% or more?
Won't equal a pension.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but they would have to buy out of the funds....UPS might have the money to do that but I dont know about T Force...
No buying out of the fund crap UPS only paid like 7yrs of Pension contributions to get out of the fund no buyout scam! Where did the 6 Billion UPS money go what about Kroger shame on Hoffa?

I would lean to being anti union based on modern ( 1960's and later) times. Unions served a function decades ago, now they just create a toxic atmosphere between mgmt and workers. They also protect slackers while not properly being able to reward top workers and producers. This upcoming contract is about fairness and what the company can afford to pay. TFI doesn't have the deep pockets UPS did. How is it fair that union workers at TFORCE Freight have gold plated benefits and pensions while non union workers don't? Do you "deserve" better than others, if so why? You'd better be ready to concede on healthcare and work rules because that will be your only option. A strike is not an option and your leaders rightly know that.
In Germany management and the Unions work together should be like that here in America too. They wanted the Union in their BMW plants in America so they can run them like they do in Germany and idiots in the south vote no.

The only reason LTL pay rates are so high with union like jobs is because there is still a threat of a union in LTL. If Yellow, ABF, T-Force and UPS out of business you would be paid the same as truckload with the same crappy working conditions.

Only if they pay 400 a week into the 401k the same pension contribution not the $150 a week Jack Cooper agreed too into their Hybrid pension scam fund
And Yellow didn't pay in to it for many years and now only paying a portion of it and owns the pension fund millions and you have no control over it !