TForce | Will You Strike?

Watching the whisker crew derail yet another conversation had me in stitches.

Guys, I've been saying this since TFI bought you. They aren't going after your pension. Contrans, the division I work for, has an optional pension program for the owner ops and we aren't even unionized. TFI wants drivers that want to work for them and they understand that means providing reasons not to look elsewhere for employment. Making a bunch of you quit benefits nobody.

I know it's hard to believe, but TFI hasn't grown to the size it is by alienating drivers. A lot of guys who work for TFI complain about this or that, but they keep working here because it's a pretty good place to work.

Won't equal a pension.

No buying out of the fund crap UPS only paid like 7yrs of Pension contributions to get out of the fund no buyout scam! Where did the 6 Billion UPS money go what about Kroger shame on Hoffa?
Ups paid 15 years of pension. If you were there since overnite. That's how long they owned us.
The 6 billion was gone in 6 months. But that was a different pension. Since the the government bailed out more then 6 billion.

This Joker doesn’t even work here any more ! Works for Central Transport and doesn’t have a dog in this hunt…just another keyboard lawyer looking to stir the poo !
This Joker doesn’t even work here any more ! Works for Central Transport and doesn’t have a dog in this hunt…just another keyboard lawyer looking to stir the poo !
Worked at CT in the past, not currently. Teamster thug leader John Murphy said this: " We are ready, we are militant, and we will win strong national contracts for Teamster members at TForce and ABF this year,” The union is more likely to get a better deal with ArcBest since they operate much better than TForce Freight. This Murphy guy talks big but carries a little stick. The truth is there has never really been a worse time for unions in the LTL marketplace than right now. Non union carriers continue to gobble up market share as TForce and YRC are bleeding revenue and market share.

401ks haven't done much since Reagan. To each thier own.
You couldn't be more incorrect. If anyone had just invested in a Dow Jones Index Fund in January 1992, that investment would be worth 10 times more today. I've had 401-K accounts for the past 30 years and have done very well in them. Smart investment choices in a 401-K is an excellent plan for additional retirement funds.

I would lean to being anti union based on modern ( 1960's and later) times. Unions served a function decades ago, now they just create a toxic atmosphere between mgmt and workers. They also protect slackers while not properly being able to reward top workers and producers. This upcoming contract is about fairness and what the company can afford to pay. TFI doesn't have the deep pockets UPS did. How is it fair that union workers at TFORCE Freight have gold plated benefits and pensions while non union workers don't? Do you "deserve" better than others, if so why? You'd better be ready to concede on healthcare and work rules because that will be your only option. A strike is not an option and your leaders rightly know that.
your non union brothers who support your work efforts at TFORCE don't have the gold plated benefit package you do. Market forces will dictate the package you secure moving forward. The shipping public has a strong memory of what happened during negotiations last time. You get militant and threaten a strike, the outcome will likely be way worse than what you have right now.

your non union brothers who support your work efforts at TFORCE don't have the gold plated benefit package you do. Market forces will dictate the package you secure moving forward. The shipping public has a strong memory of what happened during negotiations last time. You get militant and threaten a strike, the outcome will likely be way worse than what you have right now.
You don't know anything. Like many in management you are bitter that the company treated you like garbage, but that is how it has always been, it is the culture. They cycle management in and out like rolls of toilet paper. All the long time employees are hourly, management not so much .

I hope you’re charging the Teamsters union rent for all the space it’s taking up in your head!

401ks haven't done much since Reagan. To each thier own.
Well, that depends on how much you contribute into it and if there is a employer match. I started my 401k when Overnite offered it back around 1990. I spent 30 years with the company Overnite/UPSF although I did not retire at 59 years old with the projected one million dollar portfolio I did retire with $600,000 and a nice company pension. If you want to retire with the same standard of living you had while you were working you will need to be debt free and have a 401k on top of your company pension. (I did lose $60,000 since Biden took office)

I hope you’re charging the Teamsters union rent for all the space it’s taking up in your head!
not at all. I just enjoy how clueless you teamsters are regarding your future in the trucking business. YRC is going down, they'll be gone within the next five years. The pension funds were bailed out recently by the dumbocrats but they won't be again. We'll stay in touch as the negotiations draw closer and closer. Your militant leader is the wrong guy at the wrong time.

not at all. I just enjoy how clueless you teamsters are regarding your future in the trucking business. YRC is going down, they'll be gone within the next five years. The pension funds were bailed out recently by the dumbocrats but they won't be again. We'll stay in touch as the negotiations draw closer and closer. Your militant leader is the wrong guy at the wrong time.
Every company has jokers that show up contract time, trust me they will start showing up more & more as the contract gets closer

Maybe you would like to check and see what kind of contract Sysco just got. I believe for starters it was $6 raise up front not to mention big improvements to their benefits package.
G040, you are going to compare a food service company's profitability to a union carrier in the LTL industry and their ability to compensate their employees? Also, Sysco is the FedEx Freight of food service providers.