Wilson Closes 3 terminals

bigbird42368

TB Veteran
Credits
I really thought it would have gotten some kind of report already on here. Wilson closed Birmingham,Decatur and Montgomery Alabama Tuesday. That makes around 12 closings in 7 years. Pray for all the employees who are out of a job.

I really don't keep up with them much,anymore.I don't think they have ever had any terminals in Mississippi.Greed and bad management can really destroy good workplaces..
Their coverage map says They have a terminal in Jackson Mississippi and another in Memphis that serves northern Mississippi. Yeah it's a shame that things are going that way. Hate to see all those folks out of work but hopefully they can find something better.

Their coverage map says They have a terminal in Jackson Mississippi and another in Memphis that serves northern Mississippi. Yeah it's a shame that things are going that way. Hate to see all those folks out of work but hopefully they can find something better.
They interline with another company out of Jackson

I really thought it would have gotten some kind of report already on here. Wilson closed Birmingham,Decatur and Montgomery Alabama Tuesday. That makes around 12 closings in 7 years. Pray for all the employees who are out of a job.
Those have been closed for some time now

heard there was another blood letting of dozens of long term people on Friday - very sad
Yes, a bunch of people were let go. I know of a terminal Manager; the dispatcher position was eliminated in smaller terminals, some safety people, and some others that are of retirement age.
They are also trying to put as many deliveries on a run as possible to keep drivers home. There's enough freight on some trucks where it's impossible to get it all off and make pick-ups. This is killing the quality of service and pissing off drivers and customers.