Yellow | Woah, legal docket #1397 inadvertently released some critical info & early sales numbers tonight!

In fairness, the workers deserve what they contractually agreed to. No less than what the PBGC insures.
Feel sorry for the CSPF participants. The myriad problems there are not their fault. But then I have an acquaintance who's just retired as a 787 Captain at United. Thanks to the funky going-ons there over the last twenty years, my pension is more than his.

Feel sorry for the CSPF participants. The myriad problems there are not their fault. But then I have an acquaintance who's just retired as a 787 Captain at United. Thanks to the funky going-ons there over the last twenty years, my pension is more than his.
But I would wager his paychecks were a wee bit larger than yours..

They certainly agreed to have a 3rd party negotiate the terms of their contract, and consequently, their compensation package. Further, they agreed to the reduction in contributions as a group. While they certainly didn't have control of how those funds were invested, they certainly did have control of their acceptance of the contract. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Some would have done much better retirement planning on their own, some would have done a whole lot worse.

Don't worry James Welch still gets his $80,000 pension!

Don't worry James Welch still gets his $80,000 pension!
Pathetic comment...focus on yourself and bettering your own situation. Speaking of which, don't ever forget that "you" signed the employment contract and "you" chose to stay employed with that company for decades. Envy and living in the past are traits of unsuccessful, cynical people who often complain about everything - but rarely move out of Neutral. Only one person is to blame for your jealousy towards those with more $$ and success; look in the mirror, Jaloc.

Pathetic comment...focus on yourself and bettering your own situation. Speaking of which, don't ever forget that "you" signed the employment contract and "you" chose to stay employed with that company for decades. Envy and living in the past are traits of unsuccessful, cynical people who often complain about everything - but rarely move out of Neutral. Only one person is to blame for your jealousy towards those with more $$ and success; look in the mirror, Jaloc.
crazy understands.