Woman devastated after UPS puts Christmas package in the trash

what ever happened to the good old days when a delivery person would actually walk up to your front door, ring the doorbell, and wait for you to answer the door and then sign for the package..??

this is why when i order things online, i want to have to be able to sign for it.

many times, there is no need for a signature, and frankly, i think that is a bunch of BS..

ALL retailers we buy from, ought to REQUIRE a signature as proof of delivery, and no....the delivery person's signature is NOT proof.

so, i am guessing here, that this dipstick delivery person, was a temp worker, because i think that the regular driver of that route would not have done this.

Gotta hit those delivery numbers. My UPS girl usually puts a bag over the box or stashes it in my carport.

Where is the tablet coming from that it might not make it before Christmas? The moon?

Guardrail

Kinda makes me wonder what kind of people UPS hires.Any braindead moron should know not to put someones parcel in a full trashcan(or empty trashcan,for that matter).I know articles can sometimes be misleading,but then for UPS to tell her to contact the shipper,seems to me,they are denying guilt in the matter.

Kinda makes me wonder what kind of people UPS hires.Any braindead moron should know not to put someones parcel in a full trashcan(or empty trashcan,for that matter).I know articles can sometimes be misleading,but then for UPS to tell her to contact the shipper,seems to me,they are denying guilt in the matter.
While this is completely wrong I would almost bet it's a temp. "what kind of people does UPS hire?" English speaking people that know which direction to wear a hat and realize flip flops are for the beach. Unlike that other company. No I do not work for UPS just a lot of bad experiences with the Other company

Unless there is specific instructions requiring a signiture, they all leave pkgs. at the door if no one is home. I can just imagine 200 plus deliveries and having to wait for a signature at every delivery, Granted though putting it in a trash can wasnt the brightest thing. The shipper should have requested a signiture for an item of that value

In the fall my area is littered with yard signs from UPS advertising for seasonal help. It's $8.50/hr this year and the route driver will pick you up and drop you off at your house. A few years ago the TV ads said, "take the box, put it there, it's that easy". I didn't grind that in on any of my brown blooded buddies, honest...

there might have been instructions saying leave it in the black can and he missed the black box on the porch

This is the holiday season, and delivery numbers probably double or triple. Normally, around here, they will ring the door bell, drop the pkg on the porch, then leave before anyone answers the door. They are not like the USPS who only have to do a route with mostly mail boxes. UPS is a fast paced, constant move job. Now, placing it in the trash can that is a stupid move. But dont expect any disciplinary action to take place. At best just hope she got a replacement, paid for my UPS.

Being a retired UPS Freight city driver,I have another take on this.

Around the Christmas holiday,there are crooks who follow the package vans around,& snatch unprotected parcels.
What safer place to stow a valuable electronic item but in the trash.

Only in this case that brown clown didn't take into account it was trash pickup day.
Any other day placing a parcel in the trash can with a note would have worked just dandy.

But seeing UPS is always hounding their drivers to push,push,push,sometimes drivers don't use their heads.
Which is one of those cases.

actually, long before my sis and her family moved into my house, where she lived, a FedEx Ground dumbarse, delivered her mini grand father clock, via the backyard, on top of the garbage can..>!!

lucky for her, it was NOT trash night, or that the fellow that lived in that house, put the box into the trash.>!!

Maybe you are right ABFer,I do also believe he,or she what ever the gender.
May be currently looking for a new job as well,for all the bad press UPS has gotten over this drivers error in judgment.

Maybe you are right ABFer,I do also believe he,or she what ever the gender.
May be currently looking for a new job as well,for all the bad press UPS has gotten over this drivers error in judgment.
Well they should be but they definitely are not an after season keeper.

I still think the Vendor/shipper should have shipped it with "Signature Required" for an item of that value UPS will not leave an item at the door if Sig.is required by shipper.