Woman devastated after UPS puts Christmas package in the trash

I still think the Vendor/shipper should have shipped it with "Signature Required" for an item of that value UPS will not leave an item at the door if Sig.is required by shipper.
Times are changing. Not too long ago I had to be here to provide signature for a cell phone delivery. This year no signature necessary.

Times are changing. Not too long ago I had to be here to provide signature for a cell phone delivery. This year no signature necessary.

Well, this summer i had to have my Macbook repaired by Best Buy's geek squad. They shipped it back to me UPS Sig.Required. I missed the truck, grabbed the ticket off my door and spotted the driver whom i know and flagged him down. I dont know if the customer is charged extra for sig. required deliveries.

One other thing we did not consider here...perhaps the unscrupulous customer who retrieved one box out of the trash can yet reported that she never got it.

I worked as a temp during the Christmas season for UPS when I was much much younger. My job was to ride with the delivery driver and RUN, not walk, the packages to the door. Unless a signature was required, my only instruction was to get the package on the person's property so it could be marked as delivered. It's been over 25 years since I did it, but I doubt if much has changed with the job requirement. All you had to do was be in good shape and run when the route driver told you to.

Just this week I saw not just one (1), but two (2) Buster Browns walking that's right, friggin' WALKING their cargo up to the houses. :ranting2: Next one that's not running is getting called in on! OOOO yea, and BTW they each only had one (1) yea, one (1) package in hand instead of the mandatory two (2), one under each arm!!! :ranting2: