Woman in Kia survives being dragged eight miles under semi trailer, Kansas City police say

A

Ashley

FnT0441X0AE4AAa-600x338.jpeg

A woman in the Kansas City area survived a harrowing incident after her car was dragged for miles by a semi truck early Wednesday morning following a crash.

The incident began around 3:30 a.m. on January 25 at a ramp to I-435 westbound in Leawood, Kansas.

435 and Lackman is not really that close to 435 and the state line. What a terrifying situation. Hoping the woman can be freed soon by first responders and is not seriously injured. https://t.co/bvdJctuu3r

— Mayor Q (@QuintonLucasKC) January 25, 2023

Police believe that a semi truck was traveling through a green light at a ramp to westbound I-435 at State Line Road to reenter the interstate when a Kia Forte traveling south on State Line Road slid through the red light amid icy road conditions, striking the trailer in front of the right rear wheel assembly.

According to the Kansas City Star, the truck driver later told police that he was unaware that a crash had occurred.

Police say that several 911 callers reported the truck dragging the silver Kia around 3:40 a.m.

The truck driver continued for about eight miles to I-435 and Lackman Road when the Overland Park Police Department arrived on the scene around 3:46 a.m.

The 28 year old Kansas City woman driving the Kia was hospitalized for evaluation, but was awake and talking to investigators at the scene.

The truck driver is cooperating with police.

Early reports identified the car as a Prius, but were later amended to show that it was a Kia.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the Leawood Police Department at 913-642-7700 or via email at [email protected].

Continue reading...

How far would Wayne get??..
Wayne actually set an Iowa state record,dragging a beet harvest cart, with 1 ton of fresh beets, 2 Moldo’s, and Jorge behind his 66 Plymouth Fury from outside of Clarence, to Tama down Rt 30. Almost 65 miles. Said his dash mounted mirror was missing, and didn’t see or hear anything? That lying bastard.