Wondering how many retired 'truckers' watch this site?

Powerstroke2000

TB Lurker
Credits
I retired from trucking nearly 4 years ago, but still watch this site occasionally, and wonder if there are others that do the same? I only drove for 10 years, as I was active in the forest industry before that, which ended after the company was bought out. I took my severance, and decided it was time to do something I 'liked' to do (have always loved to hit the road and drive) so I hooked up with a small 'Truck delivery'...(we delivered trucks, not cargo) and I very much enjoyed that job, as well as the owner of the company I worked for! I'm hoping I'm not the only one...and I'm hearing the trucking industry is still in need of more drivers!

QGZ1CtU.jpg

I retired from trucking nearly 4 years ago, but still watch this site occasionally, and wonder if there are others that do the same?

i have been "retired" since April of 2014, due to a bad injury, ( https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/career-ending-operation.58735/ )

and i basically participate as often as i can, which has been daily.

yes, the industry could use more DRIVERS, that know how to read a map, and follow directions, and actually do some work, rather than to be a dumbass steering wheel holder. which amounts to those that know everything, over the ones that humble themselves, ask for help/advice, and actually appreciate it.

I am retired for about 2 years now,......and if I don't come here to vent my Opinions,....I'd swell up like a balloon.......

As we all know,.....Truck Drivers, as a group, have an oversized Opinion Gland.........

Must be something to do with all the coffee we drank..........

I am retired for about 2 years now,......and if I don't come here to vent my Opinions,....I'd swell up like a balloon.......

As we all know,.....Truck Drivers, as a group, have an oversized Opinion Gland.........

Must be something to do with all the coffee we drank..........
wouldn't that also give us a large prostate gland..???

lol

I retired from trucking nearly 4 years ago, but still watch this site occasionally, and wonder if there are others that do the same? I only drove for 10 years, as I was active in the forest industry before that, which ended after the company was bought out. I took my severance, and decided it was time to do something I 'liked' to do (have always loved to hit the road and drive) so I hooked up with a small 'Truck delivery'...(we delivered trucks, not cargo) and I very much enjoyed that job, as well as the owner of the company I worked for! I'm hoping I'm not the only one...and I'm hearing the trucking industry is still in need of more drivers!

I guess I'm the longest retarded one here on TB, I'm very fortunate, women still lust after me and husbands fear me.
I'll bet not many on here have ever lit the old smudge pots on the road for a breakdown, pulled Mont Eagle or old
Fancy Gap with an A50 Mack or L200 IHC.
BTW, don't believe this crap about the "Good Ole Days"

I guess I'm the longest retarded one here on TB, I'm very fortunate, women still lust after me and husbands fear me.
I'll bet not many on here have ever lit the old smudge pots on the road for a breakdown, pulled Mont Eagle or old
Fancy Gap with an A50 Mack or L200 IHC.
BTW, don't believe this crap about the "Good Ole Days"
Ever experience I-25 between Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico in the early eighties. Back when it had one lane bridges. Two lanes of interstate traffic merged in to one lane to cross over an arroyo. Did it a few times in a Roadway unit with a car next me. Or when they rebuilt 1-25 on that stretch of interstate in the mid
eighties, and rebuilt 6% grade La Bahada Hill. To stop interstate traffic when construction needed, a traffic light was put up at the bottom of the hill. I've been retarted since 2009.

Wow I just noticed you have been here for 9 years and this was your first post :1036316054:

Ever experience I-25 between Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico in the early eighties. Back when it had one lane bridges. Two lanes of interstate traffic merged in to one lane to cross over an arroyo. Did it a few times in a Roadway unit with a car next me. Or when they rebuilt 1-25 on that stretch of interstate in the mid
eighties, and rebuilt 6% grade La Bahada Hill. To stop interstate traffic when construction needed, a traffic light was put up at the bottom of the hill. I've been retarted since 2009.

Nope, sounds like Ala. before the interstates, single lane across Chunky River Bridge, if you met a bus, he would stop, so you got the chargeable if you were moving and bumped mirrors.
Old Vicksburg Bridge across the Mississippi, single lane, in a 9000 White you could reach out and touch the train
beside you.
They used traffic lights when building I-81 in Va. We had one hill, on 11 if you were loaded heavy, a wrecker pulled you to the top, our 250s wouldn't do the job.
My retardation started in1990.

Nope, sounds like Ala. before the interstates, single lane across Chunky River Bridge, if you met a bus, he would stop, so you got the chargeable if you were moving and bumped mirrors.
Old Vicksburg Bridge across the Mississippi, single lane, in a 9000 White you could reach out and touch the train
beside you.
They used traffic lights when building I-81 in Va. We had one hill, on 11 if you were loaded heavy, a wrecker pulled you to the top, our 250s wouldn't do the job.
My retardation started in1990.
I picked up a really heavy load at a sawmill in Santa Fe with a city tractor, back when they were rebuilding La Bahada Hill. I remember screaming down the hill and oh, is that a traffic light? And it's red??