Woodland PA dc questions???

trucker1979

TB Lurker
Credits
hi just wanted to get some info on driving for Walmart out of woodland PA. I have a good job now but I am always looking for something better. Just wanted to know how the home time was? Do you get two whole days off a week or is it like a 34 hour restart? I know you work weekends and holidays. What are the benefits like? How is the woodland DC to work for? Are they a good bunch of people? Just wanted some info. Thanks

Unless a DC is slammed, you will always get your full 2 days off. I have never worked over, in 7 months.

I don't work on that side of the country, but a 5/2 is a 5/2 everywhere. Benefits are good, and are certainly better than the job I came from, especially considering I am paying less than 1/2 for significantly better benefits. So, I now have long term disability (they pay for short term), ADD insurance for the family, and stock purchase every period and am still paying a lot less. (I worked for a small company before, which can be brutal for insurance). What is available to you is different in different areas of the country.

As long as you don't have to be that big time OTR truck driver, you will be hard pressed to find a better job. Even if the income wasn't great, it would be a fantastic job just for how you are treated.

Thanks for the info. Couple other questions? I know there are start times for the day you begin your week. Are they mostly morning and afternoon start times or can u start at night? How is the vacation? Also when do benefits start? Thanks

Most are morning start. I have a "late" start, and that is 12:00 noon. As far as I know, there are no night "shifts." However, this may be different from DC to DC. Benefits start the day you do, but you cannot participate in the 401K until you have been there a year. Vacation is 1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years, and you get paid your ADP (Average Daily Pay) for vacation days. However, every 3 months you will accrue a paid "safety day," as long as you have no incidents. You will also be able to defer paid holidays if you work them. So, I was already to take a small vacation based on my safety days. Personal days, I believe, start after 1 year, but I do not think they pay ADP (I'm not sure, as it hasn't come up and I have only been here 7 months). I am showing sick time on my sheet now, but do not know if I can use it yet (I haven't called in sick to a job for 10+ years, so never know how that works, LOL).

Next year I will be taking 2 weeks off for a big family vacation. Will use my week of vacation, safety days and deferred holidays. I will lose nothing pay wise except layover pay, due to ADP being used. How many jobs can you say that about?? My X job punished me for taking my vacation by paying me only a little over 1/3 of my ADP per day. So, I would have to use 3 weeks of vacation to be able to take 1 week off.

I get ADP at my job now. I work at abf. I have been there 8 Years but I may be looking for a change. I applied for the woodland pa DC but have not heard anything yet. I was just trying to size up Walmart against my current job at abf in case I get a call. I am hoping someone from woodland DC may respond. Thanks for all of your info