Holland | Word From The Curb?

Yes... I know a bid driver that passes through.... several in the office and quite a few drivers ..... I heard 18 were off.... and yes we're considering closing temporarily but have not so far..... also heard a driver has passed... I don't know the particulars or even if it's true..... my source is pretty reliable.

Yes... I know a bid driver that passes through.... several in the office and quite a few drivers ..... I heard 18 were off.... and yes we're considering closing temporarily but have not so far..... also heard a driver has passed... I don't know the particulars or even if it's true..... my source is pretty reliable.
Yes, a city driver did die from the Akron terminal from COVID.

M
At Holland freight, does driver load trailers ? Ups freight we did. Thanks David
Mostly city drivers.... we have velocity drivers which are road drivers drive then work the dock and return to home terminal..... open board Drivers can drop freight at terminals on the way to their destination.

M

Mostly city drivers.... we have velocity drivers which are road drivers drive then work the dock and return to home terminal..... open board Drivers can drop freight at terminals on the way to their destination.
So as a New guy to Holland.. I'd leave my home terminal, get to destination & work dock..then return to home terminal? I know recruiter said @ one point I'd be driving to say for instance, Memphis TN, lay down and then either to home terminal or to another terminal.. whats the Truth on new guy duties. Thanks

You will be a open board driver..... till you get some seniority.... unless there is a undesirable bid that no one wants.... as a open board driver you will most likely just go from terminal to terminal.... very little dock work if any.

You will be a open board driver..... till you get some seniority.... unless there is a undesirable bid that no one wants.... as a open board driver you will most likely just go from terminal to terminal.... very little dock work if any.
Thanks, Appreciate the info

Oh .... and most importantly we work on 6 day work weeks.... but it's usually just 5..... being on the bottom of the board expect to work 6 days for a while.... you will get a mentor that will explain most everything to you.

Oh .... and most importantly we work on 6 day work weeks.... but it's usually just 5..... being on the bottom of the board expect to work 6 days for a while.... you will get a mentor that will explain most everything to you.
So tonight is my 1st night, we will be driving to a terminal ?

MI has had 2 deaths from Covid that I know of. One city driver and a long time road driver who left the company a few years ago.

Probably end up being a seniority issue. Can hear it now “ they should offer shots by seniority
Maybe could set up free vaccine shots in the driver's room daily , for the safety of it's workers ?
Not to mention the arguments and comments both for and against the vaccine. As charged up as this topic is online, can you imagine how bad it would be in person at work? Especially at the larger terminals.

Not to mention the arguments and comments both for and against the vaccine. As charged up as this topic is online, can you imagine how bad it would be in person at work? Especially at the larger terminals.
Already bad at our barn, have a few real dandy’s with that topic. Worse than Roe v Wade discussion. Have a real work of art who goes off on GMO and all that also.