R&L | Word Is, Bye Peterbilt, Hello Freightliner

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I'm hearing that R+L is now switching to junk. Apparently, Peterbilt cant supply enough trucks or parts and Freightliner came in way under Peterbilt in cost per unit. Cant say Im thrilled with this but I don't own the company.

Didn’t they sign a contract?

Last thing I wanna be seen in is some gay lookin turdliner crapcadia.

71vmbg1.jpg

Bumper on ours is just like this one . The dark piece BELOW the white is very close to the ground

Wait till its jammed into a crunchy snow pile
SAIA took those off. It’s easily done. They really aren’t that bad. Perhaps not as nice as a Pete but pretty damn close. Give them a chance before you start knocking them.
71vmbg1.jpg

Bumper on ours is just like this one . The dark piece BELOW the white is very close to the ground
Those come off easily.
I'm hearing that R+L is now switching to junk. Apparently, Peterbilt cant supply enough trucks or parts and Freightliner came in way under Peterbilt in cost per unit. Cant say Im thrilled with this but I don't own the company.
Give them a chance. I had my doubts at first but they aren’t the Freightliners of yesterday. They are made by Daimler which makes Mercedes Benz. That’s a pretty good pedigree.

I wouldn’t be so hard on the Roberts family. These trucks aren’t junk and I’m sure the family did some research. If they can save some money you should be all for it. That could add to next years raise.

I drove it, 275 miles on the odometer , did a drop and hook as my Pete had a flat steer and tire guy was off. Freightliner rattled as I drove off the yard.

Guy it's assigned to has had nothing but problems
Well, it falls back on the Roberts family if ultimately they find it was a mistake. I’m just saying my experience with them weren’t that bad. You could always drop them a line and tell them you don’t approve.

That MBE 4000 engine was a boat anchor compared to the Detroit 60, besides bein awful to listen to.
Had some Mercedes powered units at company I was with before R&L. They were horrible. Parts took forever to get. The EGR system clogged and castrated power and mileage. They were Ryder lease units and the Ryder techs bitched constantly about them

Had some Mercedes powered units at company I was with before R&L. They were horrible. Parts took forever to get. The EGR system clogged and castrated power and mileage. They were Ryder lease units and the Ryder techs bitched constantly about them
And yet the Roberts family seem to want to go with them apparently. I guess they just like to throw money away. Seems strange that after building a billion dollar company they would all of a sudden turn stupid.

They have options on engine choices ... at least the last time I checked.