ABF | Working At Chicago Heights

carmel

TB Lurker
Credits
How is work for people on the bottom of the board at the heights? Considering jumping ship from YRC but can't afford to sit home constantly.

How is work for people on the bottom of the board at the heights? Considering jumping ship from YRC but can't afford to sit home constantly.
First save up 4 weeks vacation plus sick days so you can make sure you are in at ABF union not let go after 29 days wait until you have at least $20,000 saved plus plan on doing uber and lyft part time. Know that there are no team runs for bottom guys to take work full time like at YRC. If you have 15yrs or more stay at YRC you are committed now my bet is ABF takes a pension cut on their next contract.

First save up 4 weeks vacation plus sick days so you can make sure you are in at ABF union not let go after 29 days wait until you have at least $20,000 saved plus plan on doing uber and lyft part time. Know that there are no team runs for bottom guys to take work full time like at YRC. If you have 15yrs or more stay at YRC you are committed now my bet is ABF takes a pension cut on their next contract.
Lay off the booze there buddy

Lay off the booze there buddy
Truth hurts I know a couple guys that went to ABF were laid off on their 29th day before they were in the union now what they lost all their seniority and vacation time at YRC if you are going to leave that's the way to do it!

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk...995754289&pts=1551984064728&rq=1&fromage=last

My understanding is we had minimal guys laid off for 30 days at the most. Im not out of 034, but my knowledge is they run you til you fall over. Dont allow for much xtra time off. COO did ease the workload a bit, but one of the busiest terminals.

My understanding is we had minimal guys laid off for 30 days at the most. Im not out of 034, but my knowledge is they run you til you fall over. Dont allow for much xtra time off. COO did ease the workload a bit, but one of the busiest terminals.
I agree. Chicago runs by the rules of the contract and nothing more or less. No extra time off and ATO when you hit your 6 tours. Some terminals like 003 KC let you kind of pick your time off if you don’t abuse it to much. My terminal is a by the book place. I get jealous of KC sometimes but their members go to meetings and get what they pay for.

I agree. Chicago runs by the rules of the contract and nothing more or less. No extra time off and ATO when you hit your 6 tours. Some terminals like 003 KC let you kind of pick your time off if you don’t abuse it to much. My terminal is a by the book place. I get jealous of KC sometimes but their members go to meetings and get what they pay for.
Chicago is a ****ing grind.

I paid a great price physically.