ABF | Working At Sauk Village

Just wait til they start running triples on the PA Pike......It'll take a white-knuckle grip and a steely straight forward gaze.....especially downhill from Somerset, in one of those ....entertaining little snow squalls.....Pennsylvania whips up from time to time......just to keep you from being...bored.....

Just wait til they start running triples on the PA Pike......It'll take a white-knuckle grip and a steely straight forward gaze.....especially downhill from Somerset, in one of those ....entertaining little snow squalls.....Pennsylvania whips up from time to time......just to keep you from being...bored.....
It’s no (?) accident that the two middle letters in snow spell N-O. As in...NO, you should not drive triples in snow. Pulled trips out of 145 Portland down to 168 Eugene in a snow storm one night years ago. It was cold, but dry, when I left Portland and the blinding storm hit at about Albany on I-5. By the time I got down to 168, there was 6 inches in the yard. Talk about white-knuckles! What cheered me up was seeing the 155 Sacramento drivers trying to hook up their sets in the frozen yard. In their shorts and flip-flops, of course.

I worked there from 2010-2015.

The best piece of advice I can give you is...if it's true that things are slow that first year now (not the case when I started), make sure to write "extend" on the inbound sheet at every terminal you're going to bed at. Hell, maybe even give central a call. They'll often bounce you around the whole country, if that's what you want.

Of course, I haven't been around since they went to ELD's, so...who knows if they even have inbound sheets anymore. Lol it was a nice trick back in the day, though.

And good luck.

They should have inbound/outbound sheets. Contract requires them to be on display. First line of defense for issues of road seniority and dispatch.

But, yes.........if your family life permits it,......take a Grand Tour of all the EOL terminals as long as you can........Dispatchers usually smile favorably on any driver willing to stay out and go anywhere....

So .......volunteer to visit ABF’s most obscure EOL’s.....Great collection of back alleys, wooded lots......desolate fields......

They should have inbound/outbound sheets. Contract requires them to be on display. First line of defense for issues of road seniority and dispatch.

But, yes.........if your family life permits it,......take a Grand Tour of all the EOL terminals as long as you can........Dispatchers usually smile favorably on any driver willing to stay out and go anywhere....

So .......volunteer to visit ABF’s most obscure EOL’s.....Great collection of back alleys, wooded lots......desolate fields......
And let’s not forget: Yards that look no better than the moon’s surface, chuckholes so deep that who knows WHAT equipment (or employees) they’ve swallowed up! That guy you thought retired???? Nope. Check the bottom of that chuckhole out in the yard. But...best wait until summer....when it finally.....dries out.

And let’s not forget: Yards that look no better than the moon’s surface, chuckholes so deep that who knows WHAT equipment (or employees) they’ve swallowed up! That guy you thought retired???? Nope. Check the bottom of that chuckhole out in the yard. But...best wait until summer....when it finally.....dries out.

I think all companies had some of these, in Fayetteville N C, we had an agent if it rained, you didn't dare go on the yard.
They dropped your trailers in the street and left the bills in a mailbox