Central Transport | Worst CT Terminal and/or Yard

Pattamander

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey all. I wanted to know which CT terminal, in your honest opinions, is the absolute worst. I'm talking in terms of the conditions of the building itself, yard, dock, etc. Just wanted to get a good laugh, lol. I'm out of the Dunbar, WV terminal and goodness gracious is that place run down. Old YRC terminal meant for pups only. Yard is a joke, massive potholes that you get stuck in if so much as one wheel dips into it. Gotta jackknife the trailer to get it into the docks on the back side to avoid getting stuck. Anyone else?

Vandalia is pretty :shit:ty and the old terminal in Detroit but I think they moved somewhere else in Detroit.

The old CT terminal was in Del Ray neighborhood and looked like something out of horror movie.

Vandalia is pretty ****ty and the old terminal in Detroit but I think they moved somewhere else in Detroit.

The old CT terminal was in Del Ray neighborhood and looked like something out of horror movie.
I don't think there's only one CT Detroit terminal, I think there's a bunch of vacant spots the family can open whenever they want.

Hey all. I wanted to know which CT terminal, in your honest opinions, is the absolute worst. I'm talking in terms of the conditions of the building itself, yard, dock, etc. Just wanted to get a good laugh, lol. I'm out of the Dunbar, WV terminal and goodness gracious is that place run down. Old YRC terminal meant for pups only. Yard is a joke, massive potholes that you get stuck in if so much as one wheel dips into it. Gotta jackknife the trailer to get it into the docks on the back side to avoid getting stuck. Anyone else?
Just looked it up on google maps. Wow, you should enter a truck rodeo if you can navigate a trailer to the dock without destroying anything. The Decatur Alabama CT terminal was next door to Holland when I worked there and I couldn’t help but to notice what appeared to be ponds around the yard and the rims and wheels were all caked with mud seemingly to the hubs.

Richmond Va was pretty terrible but that sounds like par for the course. I broke my foot stepping in a huge pothole because there were no lights in the yard. Florida size cockroaches in the bathroom. Had to put blocks under trailers in some of the doors to be able to get a lift in them.

Vandalia is pretty ****ty and the old terminal in Detroit but I think they moved somewhere else in Detroit.

Vandalia terminal isn't actually that bad in my opinion, but the people there are what makes it terrible. Beyond incompetent dock workers. The freight we get from Vandalia (it's our main source) is absolutely trashed by the time we get it. It's also loaded terribly, never with load bars or any securement, with skids falling over and stuff being destroyed every single day. It's embarrassing for the City guys to go deliver the freight because of how damaged it is.

Just looked it up on google maps. Wow, you should enter a truck rodeo if you can navigate a trailer to the dock without destroying anything. The Decatur Alabama CT terminal was next door to Holland when I worked there and I couldn’t help but to notice what appeared to be ponds around the yard and the rims and wheels were all caked with mud seemingly to the hubs.
It's significantly worse now than what google maps shows. It would blow you away. A lot of the time we have to move trailers around out of the yard because its otherwise impossible to get set up to back in the dock.

Vandalia terminal isn't actually that bad in my opinion, but the people there are what makes it terrible. Beyond incompetent dock workers. The freight we get from Vandalia (it's our main source) is absolutely trashed by the time we get it. It's also loaded terribly, never with load bars or any securement, with skids falling over and stuff being destroyed every single day. It's embarrassing for the City guys to go deliver the freight because of how damaged it is.

Yep. When I used to go there I’d always get ****ed up trailer…air leaks, lights not working, flat tires lol. It was always something there