Would this be useful to you?

Willem Muller

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi Truckers & Drivers

I'm working on an app that lets someone know where you are when can't take their call. Good for distracted driving and letting clients know you're on the way.
Is this something that you feel would be useful as a driver?

Willem

Hi Truckers & Drivers

I'm working on an app that lets someone know where you are when can't take their call. Good for distracted driving and letting clients know you're on the way.

Willem

No, as it is we can be tracked via satellite, GPS on our phones and any company provided phone. I see no more reason for us to be tracked.

Hi Truckers & Drivers

Willem
Not for me I'm a local driver and most of my freight is not time critical. And I am an hourly employee and do not use my cell phone for work. It could work in the world where women want to hunt down their man and the old method of calling all his local haunts doesn't produce the desired results anyhow.

Hi Truckers & Drivers

Willem

that's all we need is another devise that gives out your location.

There are already chips in all cell phones that track locations. Making a call, one can then be triangulated to a location.
If it's not a problem app, go for it.

It's all fine to turn off the tracking, but I'm not sure the GPS would work with tracking turned off.