ABF | Would you defer your contract raises until December. ABF Only

Would you defer raises until December?

• YES I WOULD!

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • NO I WOULD NOT!

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
To my NUT CRACKING BROTHER TEAMSTER. Sorry, I am just a road driver from 004. What terminal do you call home? I promise to look you up if I get to that terminal.

Stop selling your fellow Teamsters short. Many of us have college degrees or work experience outside the trucking world. That is not a bad thing.

You are leading the ABF Teamsters down the road of ruin if you fail to acknowledge the consequences if ABF stops paying into Central States altogether.
I do not know why you keep saying i am leading people to ruin. I want my defined pension and that is that. Through CSPF or ABF it doesn't matter. You seem to think that I agree with the way CSPF has been ran and I don't. You are the one that gave nyhan props not me. The fund has taken tremendous hits because of his lack of leadership. There are ways to turn the fund around and with the cuts in the benefits we have nothing to lose by trying to shore it up. And you do know Little Rock voted the beg back down don't you? And as for underestimating my Brothers NEVER I know what we can do when we stick together you are the one that doesn't seem to be to fond of the sticking together thing. You keep bringing up all these things that can go wrong and blaming me for the end result. I am one person with an opinion. You seem to think I am something special. I am not I am a Teamster and a father and grandfather and also a husband that wants the best for my family. I don't run and hide and I stand my ground for what I believe in.You think we don't want change you are wrong. But we will not go backwards we have worked to long and to hard to bow down now. As for where I work. If you are ever in Cleveland look me up I am not hard to find.

So muler.r u brain washing us to take concession or not.cause im not for any of that b.s.i think like the twinkie strike.no.no.no

So muler.r u brain washing us to take concession or not.cause im not for any of that b.s.i think like the twinkie strike.no.no.no
I am not for concessions. And as far as brain washing well one would have to be smarter and that would leave me out.lol. I just post my opinions and if you agree so be it. If you don't state your opinions and we can discuss them. As for the Twinkie strike it was the bakers union that struck not the Teamster union. I wish our pension fund would buy Hostess and let us see what we could do with the company. Jusy a thought. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I am not for concessions. And as far as brain washing well one would have to be smarter and that would leave me out.lol. I just post my opinions and if you agree so be it. If you don't state your opinions and we can discuss them. As for the Twinkie strike it was the bakers union that struck not the Teamster union. I wish our pension fund would buy Hostess and let us see what we could do with the company. Jusy a thought. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I 2nd that, I am not for concessions either. Our pension will need changes, (maybe the people who are in charge of it), but I will not except pension cuts for our teamster members pensions as some are hoping for. If our leaders from both sides are as good as they claim they are, then they will find a solution that will be beneficial to all involved. I say no to PENSION CUTS, WAGE OR OUR HEALTH BENEFIT CUTS.

I am not so sure about that one. I think they would love to trade us cantankerous old men with 4+ weeks of vacation for a trainable youngster with no vacation time. Right off the bat they'd save about $8000 per man just in vacation wages. Then lets imagine one of the IBT's most favorable methods of negotiating...a two tiered wage package. We all know that the next generation doesn't need as much to live as we do anyway, right? All in all though I saw that video as a fairly mild presentation to warm us up for the next one.

OR was that line a sarcastic question? I have heard that they expect the elderly to leave in droves after this contract is finalized.

No Brother ABFer, you caught me. That wasn't sarcastic. Quite a bit of the "skills" in this industry can't be taught, and sometimes I think that ABF.....and many other LTL companies....are weighing the value of trying to convince us older employees.....subtly or not.....to stay longer, as opposed to having to "train" a whole herd of new drivers who consider the work they do behind the wheel more important than the work that is in the box...or on the flatbed. We all know that LTL companies consider driving skills as a "given" in this industry...actually as a secondary set of skills. They much prefer a driver to be exceptionally good with freight-handling and customers, as opposed to the World's Greatest Driver. I think........my opinion.....that ABF is weighing the value of experienced LTL men....and the quickness and efficiency that they so rely on, versus newbies that have to learn what we know over, probably, a ten year period to be just as fast and efficient. ...............Maybe I'm wrong. You make a good point about cranky old men and vacation time, though. All I know is that about 10 times a week, I make a suggestion to our young TM on how to do something quicker, more efficiently, and more cost-effective....and he gets the glassy-eyed look and says "O.K. we'll do it that way.".And that's just me. There are 10 other cranky old men here doing the same thing............come to think of it, our TM looks glassy-eyed most of the time. Oh, well.....we told him when he came here to sit down, shut up, let us run things, and we'll make him a Star with upper management. It's hard to imagine him trying to lead a whole herd of new drivers, untrained in LTL, to profitability. I'll bet it's the same way at your terminal.

We need to start a campaign to save Hostess. I want them to be Teamster owned. They are an American union built company and I feel their name is worth the risk. We need to start a petition to have the Teamster pension funds invest in the purchase of Hostess. I truly feel it could be a saving grace to the funds. The rush to buy Hostess products shows the worth of owning them. They owe millions to the funds and Bankruptcy courts normally only pay creditors 10 cents on the dollars. We could offer more and get them for a low price and own the rights to twinkie, HO HO, cupcakes and all their great products. I think it would be a win win if the Teamsters could move quickly and get it done.

We need to start a campaign to save Hostess. I want them to be Teamster owned. They are an American union built company and I feel their name is worth the risk. We need to start a petition to have the Teamster pension funds invest in the purchase of Hostess. I truly feel it could be a saving grace to the funds. The rush to buy Hostess products shows the worth of owning them. They owe millions to the funds and Bankruptcy courts normally only pay creditors 10 cents on the dollars. We could offer more and get them for a low price and own the rights to twinkie, HO HO, cupcakes and all their great products. I think it would be a win win if the Teamsters could move quickly and get it done.

Hostess is going to be liquidated..auctioned off in bits and pieces similar to what would have happened to YRC if not for the saving grace of Zollars asking the IBT for help in a time of financial distress and the union employees happy to help out. Some times it works and some times it don't. You know the old cliche..you win some you lose some

They have some great products that should survive the carving and I hope they do. I predict that the best of them will be purchased by another baking company and incorporated into their product line. Let us all hope it is a union company providing good jobs to those who have lost them with this closing.

Hostess is going to be liquidated..auctioned off in bits and pieces similar to what would have happened to YRC if not for the saving grace of Zollars asking the IBT for help in a time of financial distress and the union employees happy to help out. Some times it works and some times it don't. You know the old cliche..you win some you lose some

I come off my hiatus and see nothing has changed...Joe still kissing Billy boy's ass every chance he gets...lol

Hooray!

I come off my hiatus and see nothing has changed...Joe still kissing Billy boy's ass every chance he gets...lol

Happy to see you're back. I've missed your snide comments and confrontational responses. :Duel:
Here's a wish for you and EVERYONE HAPPY THANKSGIVING!:grouphug:

Happy to see you're back. I've missed your snide comments and confrontational responses. :Duel:

Don't worry...you'll get some more Like Queen...and a Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

BTW...are you a Billy Boy hero worshipper too?

Welcome back Docker, I think they missed you and your right nothing has changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back Docker. And see, I told you he like ya!

Then just why are you on this thread?

Can't you read...it says ABF only...or do you now work for ABF?

Glad to see you haven't gotten sentimental in your absence.
I really thought that the ABF only was referring to the poll.

I 2nd that, I am not for concessions either. Our pension will need changes, (maybe the people who are in charge of it), but I will not except pension cuts for our teamster members pensions as some are hoping for. If our leaders from both sides are as good as they claim they are, then they will find a solution that will be beneficial to all involved. I say no to PENSION CUTS, WAGE OR OUR HEALTH BENEFIT CUTS.

If you're retired you are safe from cuts as a rule. You are safe as long as ABF is paying full contribution rate. We don't know what ABF will be giving or asking for.
I doubt there will be a deferral of a raise unless they are asking for a trade off of some kind. But if anyone cuts your pension or mine it will be done by the trustees, not the TNFINC or ABF in a rehabilitation move to improve funding status..you or I will have no say on it.