ABF | Would you defer your contract raises until December. ABF Only

Would you defer raises until December?

• YES I WOULD!

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • NO I WOULD NOT!

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
Glad to see you haven't gotten sentimental in your absence.
I really thought that the ABF only was referring to the poll.

You thought...it also looks like you haven't learned anything in my absence as well...lol

Welcome back Docker!!!!!! I heard they will be after work rule changes, and health and welfare. They had a big meeting this week TM's and sales people word came back about h&w.

Welcome back Docker!!!!!! I heard they will be after work rule changes, and health and welfare. They had a big meeting this week TM's and sales people word came back about h&w.

Thanks Truxforever...that's what I heard too...along with some pension relief.

We were told that they weren't going to go after wages or raises. Did you and Muler see the video on keepontruckin.com from Mr. Roy the CEO of ABF about contract neg. If you didn't you should watch it. It is all about the 4 C's as he puts it.

We were told that they weren't going to go after wages or raises. Did you and Muler see the video on keepontruckin.com from Mr. Roy the CEO of ABF about contract neg. If you didn't you should watch it. It is all about the 4 C's as he puts it.

I heard that they weren't going to go after the wages too...I haven't seen the video yet but plan to as soon as I get a bag of popcorn...lol

Hey Docker the movie critics gave it one thumb up, it's a lot better movie with popcorn. Docker it is good to hear that we are hearing the samethings on two different ends of the country.

If you're retired you are safe from cuts as a rule. You are safe as long as ABF is paying full contribution rate. We don't know what ABF will be giving or asking for.
I doubt there will be a deferral of a raise unless they are asking for a trade off of some kind. But if anyone cuts your pension or mine it will be done by the trustees, not the TNFINC or ABF in a rehabilitation move to improve funding status..you or I will have no say on it.

But our pension benefits will be negotiated in the contract negotiations, that is what I am talking about, not what happens after it is in effect. I know that the trustees are the ones that can make the cuts after it is in effect.

What's that? Okay fine. If that's how you feel about it

That's right...that's how he feels!

Don't go away mad...just go away!
roflmao.gif

They wont need to go after wages if they get us paying for H&W to the tune of 300 to 400 a month, plus get a pension deal. that will be the next contract, or they may just go for another begback. I was thinking that since according to Mr Slagle we are the highest compensated drivers in the country, why arent there lines out the door of unemployed drivers looking to work for us? At 042 they keep saying they CANT get anybody. I think its that they WONT hire anybody. I think that if you cannot get workers in the door for the highest paying trucking jobs in the country, then something is wrong...Like their standards are too high for the workforce available. or drivers have figured out that running up against your hours every week with no time off and getting letters at the drop of a hat is not for them.....

The last article I read says the industry will need 115,000 new drivers next year and there are only 16,000 available. Wages for drivers are on the way up not down! Im not saying that nothing needs to be done but wages are not the answer.

The last article I read says the industry will need 115,000 new drivers next year and there are only 16,000 available. Wages for drivers are on the way up not down! Im not saying that nothing needs to be done but wages are not the answer.
It very hard to attract good experienced drivers/workers around here. Certainly lower wages wont help that at all.
That's why I say that if we can make it long enough the driver shortage will even out the playing field with carriers like Old Dominion and others.

I almost agree with you except that I've been hearing about the pending driver shortage for what, 25 years now? I am beginning to think it's not going to show its face. I know what happens when there's a lettuce blight and there becomes a shortage of lettuce.

I almost agree with you except that I've been hearing about the pending driver shortage for what, 25 years now? I am beginning to think it's not going to show its face. I know what happens when there's a lettuce blight and there becomes a shortage of lettuce.

According to the ABF employement website they currently have postings
for city driver school training in five city's. I assure you if there were drivers availible ABF would not be paying for training.