Yellow | WoW 309/ chicago heights hiring road drivers? !

roadway77

TB Regular
Credits
Been quiet some time since i last heard this. Only now i wonder how hard it will be to find anyone or what kinda drivers we might attract? Anyone else trying to at drivers also?

Just stay out of the way! There's going to be a REAL stampede of drivers looking to get hired at the 309 country club! LMAO

I was just sitting here reading this thread trying to remember if it was one of the 80's or 90's changes that 309 was suppose to gain 100 plus drivers . I remember at the end of the phone bid I believe 5 people went there :biglaugh:

It was around '95. I was a steward then. The only time we got close to what we were supposed to gain was '92. That was when Toledo was a big loser. And 309 was starting the triples. The first few triples bids had 110 drivers on the bid. Never going to see numbers like that again.

I was just sitting here reading this thread trying to remember if it was one of the 80's or 90's changes that 309 was suppose to gain 100 plus drivers . I remember at the end of the phone bid I believe 5 people went there :biglaugh:
The sleeper change of October 1994 was a big gain for Chicago.

I could be wrong but I think you will see a lot more guys take the transfer this time around.

thats funny who would move for a company that could close the doors today lol and with the pension payment at 25 percent ......so if you need 2 years take 8 now........and everyone nows 309 has the worst boss , and deal with chicago traffic ......the companys betting on half moving this is about elimanating jobs ....but the company thinks (cgb stp are hiring) no one is going to come here if they have a family ....get a better job at the other ltl m-f job, make more .at least you keep your half of your 401k if the company borrows there half and goes under.....

Been quiet some time since i last heard this. Only now i wonder how hard it will be to find anyone or what kinda drivers we might attract? Anyone else trying to at drivers also?

Chicago will get an extra 700K pounds per day coming though there when this COO takes affect....they are getting prepared for it I guess?......KK

Chicago will get an extra 700K pounds per day coming though there when this COO takes affect....they are getting prepared for it I guess?......KK
K K you and I know that only works out to about 20 sets a day, and that is at 17500 a pup. I don't see where that is going to be a large amount of freight for us, how much is going to go on sleepers?

I'm not pointing fingers or anything like that but form what we in the east have been told for years now the Co has been trying to figure out a way to go around 309. Too big, Too slow, Too many Labor problems etc,etc,etc,
What am I missing here?

K K you and I know that only works out to about 20 sets a day, and that is at 17500 a pup. I don't see where that is going to be a large amount of freight for us, how much is going to go on sleepers?

Assuming, those are lay down sets....that 20 more drivers getting out that day, and the next day would be another 20 drivers getting out before those 20 get back....and so on...and so on?.....KK

nobody went there before because of you had to endtail not that way anymore since hoffa put them under nmfa.
Road NEVER end tailed. Only dock & office. Road drivers have been under NMFA since before I hired (1988).

I'm not pointing fingers or anything like that but form what we in the east have been told for years now the Co has been trying to figure out a way to go around 309. Too big, Too slow, Too many Labor problems etc,etc,etc,
What am I missing here?
If you believe what's on here a lot, we kiss a$$ better. LOL

Our barn called 35 laid off drivers.only five(5) made a half arse response.nobody I know is banging our doors down to work here