Wow just wow a quote from a yrc teamster brother

ABF just posted there 3rd quarter number 94.2 or and 14 million profit and that's the old contract. Add a million dollars a week to that number under the new contract. The 7% paycut is because people like you are willing to work for a song and dance dragging the whole industry backwards. WE are getting 2% back every april plus profit sharing. When are you getting yours back?

I don't get how someone who is dedicated and a hard worker (not to mention devilishly good looking) could cause a whole industry to go backwards. Even my good looks are THAT stunning.

I wouldn't trust the international to represent us under the best of circumstances. Look what they did to ABF.

Wow this a quote from the YRC board !!! This is what $$ 180,000 of your hard earned bucks will get you!! Now that is some 5 star representation !!! More quotes to follow from your teamster brothers !

Ok, we get it. You don't want to better yourself and do better for your family...stay stagnant.

No I want to feed my family and if this goes through and NCT holds the line because they can't afford to pay any more what are you gonna do ? Let me tell you what the teamsters will want to do. STRIKE AND OR A WORK SLOW DOWN. Do you know what happens then genius ?? CUSTOMERS GO AWAY AND DONT COME BACK. So yea I want better and it will come but most of all I want to keep the lights & heat on and food on the table. And the teamsters can't guarantee a raise or pension or come to think if it they can't guarantee crap.

Like I don't want a better life? Keep your lights and heat on and food on the table....I want more then food or lights. I deserve a vacation after all the years I put in. I want my wife to be secure after I'm gone. You're not guaranteed anything with NCT. But that's ok with you guys...not me I want a better life.

Here at 309 they just laid off 10 dockmen effective Sunday November 17th

More quotes from the YRC thread the writing is on the wall.

f you are among the few who still have a traditional defined-benefit pension plan we wish you luck. In the coming months your employer—as part of an effort to “de-risk” the plan—is likely going to offer you a lump-sum payout, an annuity, or freeze the plan.

You cant freeze a 401 K !!

That's their union you are quoting. THEIR not YOUR union. ABF has their own union. Different contract different company. Railroad workers are also teamsters. Your not quoting them.

I'm about fairness. I also am very critical about the IBT.... BUUUT I'm honest and fair about my views.
I don't like blanket pro company or union propaganda. Maybe your fellow workers see a need for a contract.
Darksky what is the reason you don't want this ? Not because of YRCW or ABF.
Those are different unions and companies. What's the reason for your company. Your union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darsky is sooo anti union becasue he drank the koolade .That dont make him a bad person it just makes him close minded.

Let's get this straight I am anti anything that will put me and a whole lot of other people out of work. Here is another quote from a YRC driver. Tell me again why I want to join this sinking ship?????

I was told recently by a teamster brother in a drivers room that he had heard the projection for our pension to run out of money Is during 2026. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything on this matter? I am sure it is just a guesstimate, but sometimes those can be pretty close. I am planning on retiring around 2025 so this would be bad timing!

Tell me again why I should join ? For what to help bail out a failing pension plan with my hard earned cash !!! It makes no sense people !!

my pension fund froze me with 4 months need for 25 and out, about 18 months later offered to let me buy out at around 30k, that i would pay to collect my 25 year 2500. now i approach 30 years, of course the 30 and out is gone, and i am missing the 2years yrc did not pay. my pension at 30 years involves penalties now and i would get 2122 out of 2960 dollars, because i am not 57.
my new multiplier is 9.75-nine dollars seventy five cents. this multiplier will be heavily penalized unless i go to at least 62.
WHEN I STARTED I WAS PROMISED A 30 AND OUT, AND SHORTLY THEREAFTER A 25 AND OUT. I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LONG ENOUGH TO BE VESTED IF I KNEW WHAT I KNEW NOW.
PAY AND VACATION CUTS JUST RUB SALT IN THE WOUND.