Wreck Closes Highway

If those bob-tails didn't wreck none of the cars should have either.

In the wake of the storms the past couple of days there have been plenty of pileups that have closed down the highways. A number of the wrecks have also resulted in the deaths of several people.

The tragedy of modern living.

The tragedy of modern living.

More like a tragedy of stupidity. People (especially truck drivers) don't look down the road. I see it every day. I'll move over for any vehicle on the side of the road as soon as I see them. (Usually within a mile). I still have people try to pass me on the right, oblivious to the car on the side. (Many have pretty lights on top)

The guy that taught me how to drive a truck used to ask me questions like; what color was the car at that intersection? What was the weight limit on that bridge? What was the height of that bridge? All these questions served to help me observe my surroundings. Many times, I'll see trucks go underneath an overpass oblivious to the fact that there are vehicles coming down the on ramp. If you are looking up the road, you will see those vehicles turning down the ramp and look for a spot in the left lane to allow them a spot to enter the highway.

The same goes for accident in front of you. These multi car pile ups are caused by drivers not paying attention and not looking down the road far enough. You can drive 100 miles per hour on ice, as long as you don't need to stop or steer. You should only drive as fast as you can stop.

Guardrail

More like a tragedy of stupidity. People (especially truck drivers) don't look down the road. I see it every day. I'll move over for any vehicle on the side of the road as soon as I see them. (Usually within a mile). I still have people try to pass me on the right, oblivious to the car on the side. (Many have pretty lights on top)

The guy that taught me how to drive a truck used to ask me questions like; what color was the car at that intersection? What was the weight limit on that bridge? What was the height of that bridge? All these questions served to help me observe my surroundings. Many times, I'll see trucks go underneath an overpass oblivious to the fact that there are vehicles coming down the on ramp. If you are looking up the road, you will see those vehicles turning down the ramp and look for a spot in the left lane to allow them a spot to enter the highway.

The same goes for accident in front of you. These multi car pile ups are caused by drivers not paying attention and not looking down the road far enough. You can drive 100 miles per hour on ice, as long as you don't need to stop or steer. You should only drive as fast as you can stop.

Guardrail

+100!

It would be nice if everyone who drove kept this attitude toward the task of motoring down the road.

Nearly unbelievable video. But I know how people are and this shows the way they are. ME ME ME ME ME ME .

People here in Wisconsin just dont know the meaning of backing it down in inlement weather. For a state that gets tons of snow and ice, they clueless. Most of the crash victims described whiteout conditions. Really, so you do 55-70 in a whiteout???

If the camera can see that far, I know for a fact that visibility was good enough. People were just being stupid and driving too fast for the conditions. Those who were NOT driving beyond their abilities were able to make it through without a problem, but it took a Werner truck pulling a Wally World trailer to show them how it's done.

I've been driving 27 years and have never become comfortable with winter...I'm the driver in the right lane doing 25 while big trucks and cars blow my doors off...I have an album full of pics...pics of that very moment when that driver realized at the last second "I'm driving to fast for conditions" but then it was to late...

I thought 4-ways were for use around the yard, you mean there's other uses for them???

LOL, do todays drivers even know how to turn on the 4-ways?
Don't blame me I can't find a damn thing when I get into a different truck. Headlights, windshield wipers, air ride dump switch, four ways etc.