Yellow | Wtf

well, I was with Bill Clinton and we didn't "inhale"...BUT, we knew (0r a least he did back then, the definition of "sex")...good 'ol Arkansas boy!

When I was 16 I worked at a movie theater. Saturday night we did the refer madness/rocky horror double feature. When the refer madness show started you could get a contract high in lobby! We sold a lot of Popcorn during those shows.
Midnight Rocky Horror ran for almost 20 years consecutively in my hometown. They still do it 4 times a year and the small indie local theater still has the best popcorn around. :1036316054:

Midnight Rocky Horror ran for almost 20 years consecutively in my hometown. They still do it 4 times a year and the small indie local theater still has the best popcorn around. :1036316054:
Best popcorn around? Well my friend. I guess I will have to send you some Ridge Sox Premium Popcorn,guaranteed best,in the Midwest!

Best popcorn around? Well my friend. I guess I will have to send you some Ridge Sox Premium Popcorn,guaranteed best,in the Midwest!

Wish you guys hadn't mentioned popcorn, brings back sad memories.
Last August, we had a record heat wave, I was plowing a popcorn field with my favorite mule, I called him J. M.
It got so hot , popcorn started popping on the stalk, J.M. thought it was snowing, he laid down and froze to death.
I really miss J.M.

nKYVRv7.jpg

Wife made some flavored popcorn while watching Deadpool 2.
Funny as all hell movie. Watch Deadpool before you watch 2.
Anyway.
That ::shit:: stunk. I couldn't eat it. I couldn't even say what flavoring it had on it.
Not much of a popcorn guy. Dogs like it pretty well. But they eat cat crap so that says nothing
:1036316054:

Last edited:
When the IBT organizes XPO, FedEx Freight, Old Dominion, etc. and has a new NMFA including them and us, we all could be making $35+ per hour or more.
Keep dreamin'. From what I can see, the IBT folks may not be able to spell "organize", much less do it! We pay them a %$#@ of a lot of money to "represent" us; so far as I can see, they're mostly representing themselves at our expense. When only 15% of the eligible members voted in the last Teamster election,the IBT can pretty much do what they want. 85% of the membership doesn't seem to care, and that's hurting all of us.

Keep dreamin'. From what I can see, the IBT folks may not be able to spell "organize", much less do it! We pay them a %$#@ of a lot of money to "represent" us; so far as I can see, they're mostly representing themselves at our expense. When only 15% of the eligible members voted in the last Teamster election,the IBT can pretty much do what they want. 85% of the membership doesn't seem to care, and that's hurting all of us.
Its a shame they will cry about the wage and pension cut but can't even bother to vote.

IBT does not organize trucking companies, because the ROI is not conducive to success. It is much easier to organize other industries that are not as prominent in the public eye. The IBT is, after and above all, a business that must adapt in order to survive. They have done that, all the while continuing to increase and expand membership. We have been left behind because corporations have more resources to fight organization than the IBT has to promote.

Western States Pension Fund has made serious inroads into states to the east of the original ‘Eleven Western.’ They are solvent. New members view that in a positive light.

The ‘Union’ Teamster is a bygone era.

Last edited:
IBT does not organize trucking companies, because the ROI is not conducive to success. It is much easier to organize other industries that are not as prominent in the public eye. The IBT is, after and above all, a business that must adapt in order to survive. They have done that, all the while continuing to increase and expand membership. We have been left behind because corporations have more resources to fight organization than the IBT has to promote.

Western States Pension Fund has made serious inroads into states to the east of the original ‘Eleven Western.’ They are solvent. New members view that in a positive light.

The ‘Union’ Teamster is a bygone era.
Elwood, I have to agree with PART of what you write, but disagree with some of it. What I look at is the "market share"; the percentage of employees in any given industry that are Teamsters versus the percentage that used to be. In the freight industry, the union has lost a tremendous amount of market share. In package, the same because of the uptick of FedEx Ground. In carhaul because of "gyp-os". In aviation, a lot of ground lost in the pilot sub-sector because of the Northwest/Delta merger. The Union has made some progress in aviation ground support services, such as aircraft mechanics, rampers and ground support equipment mechanics. Most of that has been from UTW and IAM crossovers. In public sector (police, fire, DA, and school bus drivers) the Union has made some headway also. But those headways don't even begin to make up for the losses in freight and carhaul. All of the other membership increases have been through mergers with GCU, the railroad unions and some smaller actions.

Elwood, I have to agree with PART of what you write, but disagree with some of it. What I look at is the "market share"; the percentage of employees in any given industry that are Teamsters versus the percentage that used to be. In the freight industry, the union has lost a tremendous amount of market share. In package, the same because of the uptick of FedEx Ground. In carhaul because of "gyp-os". In aviation, a lot of ground lost in the pilot sub-sector because of the Northwest/Delta merger. The Union has made some progress in aviation ground support services, such as aircraft mechanics, rampers and ground support equipment mechanics. Most of that has been from UTW and IAM crossovers. In public sector (police, fire, DA, and school bus drivers) the Union has made some headway also. But those headways don't even begin to make up for the losses in freight and carhaul. All of the other membership increases have been through mergers with GCU, the railroad unions and some smaller actions.

Costco is teamsters, the American Red Cross has just entered a coalition of which the teamsters are a part. Locally, a variety of healthcare workers are teamsters. If this is not diversification and divesting, I do not know what is.

Costco is teamsters, the American Red Cross has just entered a coalition of which the teamsters are a part. Locally, a variety of healthcare workers are teamsters. If this is not diversification and divesting, I do not know what is.
Your point has merit, Elwood. Some Costco locations are Teamster, primarily on the East and West coasts. There have for decades been nurses and allied healthcare workers (housekeepers, facilities management, CNAs, MAs and dietary) who are Teamsters, but quite a few also who are SEIU members. Diversification is a good thing, but retention of a Union's present marketplaces is even more important, I think. Spreading your web wider is only good if you're not also spreading your web thinner.

Your point has merit, Elwood. Some Costco locations are Teamster, primarily on the East and West coasts. There have for decades been nurses and allied healthcare workers (housekeepers, facilities management, CNAs, MAs and dietary) who are Teamsters, but quite a few also who are SEIU members. Diversification is a good thing, but retention of a Union's present marketplaces is even more important, I think. Spreading your web wider is only good if you're not also spreading your web thinner.

What trucking entity would you suggest the IBT approach? After years at Overnite end in independent contract with UPS Freight, what is the next plausible strategy?

Last edited: